9; awake

- Sana -

"And I'm glad you're the first person I'm in a scandal with."

I flinched as she said it, my heart racing fast.

She was glad that I was the first person she was in a scandal with?

I really wanted to open my eyes, but I felt as if she'd tell me more if I pretended to be asleep. I mean, she had already said other things before, as if I were awake. She was talking to me casually.

She wasn't cold, like the media depicted her as.

She just wanted somebody to talk to.

"That sounds kind of stupid, doesn't it? But I really can't imagine having a scandal with anyone else. I'm scared that everyone else might judge me because I'm not Korean or Japanese, but you seem to be calm with me."

She started talking more, about how she thought Mina was kind, and how she looks good with Chaeyoung, which I'd have to agree with.

But one thing stuck in my head, which was that because she wasn't Japanese or Korean, she was afraid that people would judge her.

She must have suffered a lot because she was from somewhere else.

I remembered going through her posts and reading the comments saying,
'Go back to your home country.'
'No one wants you here.'
'Leave.'

Thinking back, I would have been hurt as well if people who claimed to be my fans told me to go back where I came from.

I snapped myself back into reality and saw her leaning on the table, her eyes closed and arms stretched out.

"Tzuyu?" The girl was now asleep. I chuckled and stood up, a little weak from my incident.

On my table there was a gift bag. With me being my curious self, I opened it, and found fluffy slippers inside a highly decorated box. I smiled and placed them on my feet, sliding around with it.

Knock knock.

I turned to look at the door and saw Nayeon standing there, smiling.

"Having fun?" She laughed.

I nodded as I slid over to her.

"I have a feeling these are from Momo. I miss her, you know. But these are definitely from her because she decorated the box they were in." I clicked my feet together. "Oh, did you bring me food? I'm starving."

Nayeon held her hand up as she gave me a plastic carton with some tteokbokki inside. I smiled and ran over to my bed.

"What happened to Taiwan's princess?" Nayeon asked as she followed behind me.

I looked over at the sleeping Tzuyu and shrugged my shoulders.

"She must be tired. She's been here ever since I collapsed at her house." I said, stuffing my mouth. "So she's been here for seven hours without leaving."

Nayeon nodded and sat at a chair by the window.

"Oh, really? That's dedication. I can't even be stuck with you for three hours without wanting to strangle you."

"Hey!" I frowned. "You're meant to be my best friend slash manager."

"Says who?" She teased, smirking.

I pouted and continued stuffing the food into my mouth.

"Anyways, the nurses say they'll discharge you in the morning. You're quite dumb for not calling me, and leaving your keys at my office. Why did you just wait out there in the rain?"