18; bae nari (i)

[the next few chapters are short because they're in parts. they'll be posted one after the other.]

Sana flopped onto her bed. She breathed out and breathed in.

Day 1 of filming: finished. Just 6 more months to go.

Sana looked over at her stray phone and held it above her face, reading a message from Dahyun.

Dahyun
Well done for filming today! Hopefully just 4 more days until we finish the filming for the 1st episode.

Sana knew how filming for the series would work.

They'd film the first three episodes between now - April - to June, and then they'd release the first episode for the public to see around the end of June. After than, filming for the fourth episode would happen when the second episode would be released.

Filming would continue until late September, and at the latest, October.

There would be a mid-season break for about three weeks in August, then the season would continue from the beginning of September again.

By the end of October, or the beginning of November, all the episodes would have been released, and the series would be completed.

Not too hard, right?

Not a chance.

Sana would have to fake date Tzuyu until November?

Worst of all, Tzuyu had someone else who was deeply in love with her.

Bae Nari.

"Bae Nari is a - what do you call it? A triple threat." Dahyun began.

"A triple threat? What's that?" Sana asked, confused and unaware.

"A triple threat," Dahyun explained, "is when you excel in three things in a certain industry. For Bae Nari, it's the arts."

"Huh?"

"Basically, she's not only a singer, but she's an actress and a dancer. What a talented woman." Dahyun scoffed to herself.

"Why does everyone know about her except me?"

"Because you're never caught up on anything."

"Rude." 

Dahyun smiled and kept walking ahead.

"Wait!" Sana called up as she walked quicker. "Was there any dating news? Like, has she dated anyone before?"

Dahyun raised an eyebrow. "Why? You wanna date her?"

Sana waved her hands furiously and shook her head. "No, no. I just wanna know."

"Well, it's never actually been confirmed that she's dating anyone - like, at all - but back in 2017, there was a rumour that she was dating a model."

Sana's ears perked up. "What? Which model?"

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. They never found out. Although, they thought it was someone who was quite new to the industry, because every other model is quite scandalous." Dahyun then clicked her fingers. "Ah! Bae Nari has a clean slate. So at the time, if she had dated someone with a bad history, her career would have been ruined.

"She literally feeds on having a clean whiteboard. That's what her career is built on."

Sana nodded her head. "I see. So the person she must have dated at the time would have been someone with a good past. Like, Tzuyu?"

Dahyun laughed. "How could she date Tzuyu? That's a bit absurd. But Tzuyu did have a good and clean slate before she met you." Dahyun laughed to herself. "Anyways, I doubt Tzuyu was the one. Tzuyu hasn't been in any rumours before. I doubt she'd want to even date Nari."

Sana nervously laughed. "Yeah."

Sana shook her head vigorously as she tried to forget. But she couldn't.

*****

"Nayeon."

"Wow, Sana. Finally you've called me. Have you forgiven me yet? Please say you have, I really do miss you." Nayeon pleaded through the phone.

"Yes, I've forgiven you. I really can't be mad at a person for long." Sana chuckled. "Anyways, I have a question to ask."

"Go on, shoot."

"You know Bae Nari, right?"

Nayeon paused, leaving a silence.

"Yes... why do you ask?"

"Ah. I just wanted to know."

"Know what?" Nayeon wondered. "Is this involved to Tzuyu, to Dahyun, to Mina or to your new drama?"

"Let's just say two out of those four."

"Alright. Well, Nari is my friend from high school. She became an singer when we were 15, and a model at the age of 18. Would you like to meet her?"

"No, I'm fine. I just wanted to know a little more about her. Bye then."

"Hold it!" Nayeon commanded. "You wouldn't just ask me about Bae Nari for no reason. I'll ask her to hang out with us."

"What?!"

"Oh, and tell Tzuyu to come. You two are dating, after all."

Sana gulped. "Tzuyu can't come."

"Why not?" Nayeon asked.

"Because- because-" Sana thought quickly, but to no avail.

"Jealous that Nari will take Tzuyu? I mean, I'd be jealous too. Nari is - whew. A literal goddess." Nayeon laughed. "I'll ask her if she's not busy tomorrow. Bye."

"Wait-" Sana began, but Nayeon had already cut the phone. She held her face in her hands as she silently panicked.

What was she going to tell Tzuyu?

Worst of all, what would Nari try to do?