30; brick by brick

Nayeon sat down in the chair opposite to Sana's, taking a sip of her coffee.

"You're so silent." Nayeon commented, as Sana stared at the brown table. "What's on your mind?"

Sana looked up, a hint of sadness in her eyes as she gulped.

"Maybe it was wrong of me to come back. The first thing I read on the plane was that Nari and her were dating."

"And it hurt you?" Nayeon asked.

She nodded and sighed. "I know it shouldn't affect me because it was all my fault, but I guess some wounds never heal."

Nayeon chuckled sarcastically. "Imagine how Tzuyu felt that day when you told her you were going to leave. She almost died because of you, Sana. Did you really have to go and hurt her like that?"

Sana looked angrily at Nayeon.

"I wasn't in a right state of mind, Nayeon! I know she almost died because of me, but what could I do? I regret everything. I wish I had stayed now."

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "I hope you realise it's too late now. Because your ex-lover is no longer yours."

Sana dropped her head low.

"I think it really finally hit me the most when Nari called me a day before Christmas.

I lied to her and told her that I was doing just fine in Japan. I told her to take care of Tzuyu, and that it was just fine without her.

I told her I was fine by myself." Sana pulled her hair in frustration. "God I sound like such a bitch. I should have come back. I should have stayed with Tzuyu. I should have helped her recover."

"But you didn't." Nayeon deadpanned.

"I ruined her whole career, her whole life, her family. I killed her father and I almost killed her!" Sana cried out.

Nayeon quickly covered Sana's mouth.

"Be quiet, people might hear you."

"And I don't care if they do. I'm a criminal, Nayeon. I deserve the death penalty-"

"I wouldn't go that far." Nayeon butted in. "But I think you deserve some time to think about all the wrongs you've done. Maybe say sorry to Tzuyu."

"But she'll never forgive me. I've done so much wrong things that-"

Nayeon glared at Sana, and Sana stopped, intimidated.

She gulped.

"Isn't this mindset what got you into trouble in the first place? The fact that you thought that she would hate you?" Nayeon glared. "Sana, Tzuyu isn't that type of person. She's forgiving. She sees the good in people.

But you changed ever since you began getting involved with her. You began blaming yourself for everything, and feeling bad for every little mistake you did.

This wasn't Tzuyu's doing, right?"

Sana shook her head.

"Now that I think about it... it wasn't Tzuyu's fault that I began thinking like this. It was my mum's fault."

Nayeon scoffed. "I knew it. That manipulative woman."

"She told me that everything I did got Tzuyu into her first scandal. She pushed everything down on me. She belittled me." Sana's voice began to tremble. "She even gave me Niko, so that I wouldn't be caught into anymore scandals. She expects me to date and marry Niko someday."

"The 'bodyguard boyfriend'?" Nayeon questioned.

Sana nodded as she stared at her piece of bread on her table.

"When I was a kid, my parents and Niko's parents worked in a business together before they went their own paths. Then when they gave birth to us, they thought we'd get married.

They arranged everything."

Nayeon raised an eyebrow. "So your mum still expects you to marry Niko?"

"He's only with me in Korea because my mum wants me to get closer with him and hopefully fall in love with him. So she put him as my bodyguard." Sana facepalmed. "I should have realised sooner."

Nayeon chuckled. "Well... at least you're not gonna get into too much scandals again, right?"

The Japanese girl shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess. If worse comes to worse, I'll just marry Niko and get it over with. I have no other choice."

Nayeon stirred her drink with her straw.

"So what plans do you have for this week?" She asked, looking down at her drink.

But Sana didn't reply.

"Hello?" Nayeon waved her hand in front of the dazed Sana's eyes. "Earth to Sana? Fine, don't answer me. I'll just eat your bread."

Nayeon grabbed Sana's bread and stuffed it into her mouth.

But Sana still didn't answer.

She was frozen in her spot, staring at who just entered the café.

She tapped Nayeon's hand as she looked over her shoulder.

"What? I'm eating." Nayeon grumbled.

"T-turn around." Sana stammered, pointing behind her.

"Fine." Nayeon rolled her eyes.

Suddenly a few breadcrumbs fell out of Nayeon's mouth as she looked agape at who had just entered.

"...Tzuyu?"
__________________________________________

And that's it for this book!

I hope you enjoyed the entirety of this book, and I hope you'll stick around for the next one!

Thank you for all your entertaining comments, they really drove me to write more.

Anyways.... the next book will be out soon so please read and continue on with this dramatic love story!

I love you all💜

- MisoMina💜