chap 2: you were not supposed to come

The sand is warm against her bare back as she lays against it, her eyes focused on the sky. The blend of blue and pink is beautiful. Adonis had left several minutes ago for dinner with his father. She'd spent minutes convincing him, reminding him that soon it'd be too late to build up his relationship with his father. She flips her dirty blonde hair over her shoulder, adjusting her bikini slightly. Her green eyes narrow in on the horizon. The gorgeous pink hues dot the sky as the sun slowly sets beyond the never-ending sea.

She spots a ship on the horizon, sailing peacefully towards the island. It brings a stark contrast to the gorgeous ambiance of Greece's seas. The ship veers closer and closer to the island as minutes pass and she continues to watch the horizon. When it's beside the beach she's currently resting on, her eyes widen. This beach is private property and belongs to the owner of the house- her father. Nobody else is even permitted on the beach. She stares at the ship, taking an uneasy breathe as she approaches it, her pace picking up as two figures emerge.

Her heart stops in her chest. The toned legs are unmistakable- they're mile high as always, and glow in the dimming light. And she would know the face to match it anywhere.

Her palms are sweaty as she wipes them on her thighs, the smile on her face disappearing. She'd run away to Greece for the summer to get rid of these people, to distance herself from them. It seems like they'd come back to haunt her. She could keep running, till the end of the very fucking globe, and they'd find her. The most ironic thing is that they all hate her. The game was the only thing that continues to tie them together. When they'd first met, they'd truly gotten along. That was until freshman year, when they first played the game.

After they had all seen the darkness in each other, they'd slowly drifted away. It'd taken a year, but by the end of freshman year, only a few bonds remained, and they had never been the same. When you saw the dark, the bitter side of people, you often struggled to keep bonds. She had revealed all of her secrets, and her dark bitter side- it had been enough to push them away. She hadn't kept any bonds. She distances herself on purpose now, purposely staying away from them.

Blair and her had almost had a bond, but that bond was beyond repair. It'd torn into pieces when Blair had slept with her boyfriend. The only person that likes her on that ship is Eric- and it's unlikely he'll like her for long. She can see him in the distance, his brown hair and striking features. His defined abs, the way he carries himself without a care in the world, his long muscled legs. Eric and her had been a couple before she'd disappeared to Greece for the summer. She'd refused to define anything. She's recuperated his feelings but she wasn't ready to get attached. She wasn't ready to let a repeat of Blair and Parker tear her apart. It would have been better if she didn't know Eric- didn't know the way he charmed girls and left them begging at his feet.

She wasn't going to be one of those girls.

She's still, her body tense as she waits, watching Blair and Eric descend towards her, step by step, slowly. She can't drop her gaze. She doesn't want this, she doesn't want them here, with her, but she has no choice. If she runs away, she gives them an advantage. They get to believe that Alexis is scared of them. As fucking if.

Blair reaches her first, not hesitating as she wraps her arm around her. Alexis stiffens at this, not moving an inch as she feels her arms wrapped around her. Blair and her haven't been on amicable terms for more than a year, and Blair is well aware Alexis hates every single fucking thing about her. And by every single fucking thing, she means it. Blair is the most deceitful, arrogant, and hateful bitch she's ever known.

It's hilarious that less than a year ago, they were actually friends. Blair and her were alike in every single way. Constantly vying for the same thing. But they'd made it work. They'd been friends, and close ones. She'd believed she could tell Blair anything. Until she'd caught Blair and Parker in bed. Oh Parker, her darling ex-boyfriend who had promised he would love her forever. He clearly had not, but she had moved on, finally. She could finally say she was rid of him and his influence on her. He meant nothing to her.