chap 70: this is love

37 minutes

    37 minutes. That is how long she watches him for. Everything from the small freckle above his eyebrow, his perfect jawline. His tanned skin, smooth to the very touch. Everything about him, to her, is perfect. Even the scar on his chest, jagged, running down. He had explained the story to her in detail, one night on the beach as the sunset, the gorgeous colors filling the horizon. She loves him. To the moon and back.

  She can't even describe her love for him. He finally blinks, stirring in the bed. He blinks, gazing at her. His eyes are bright blue, vibrant. He raises his hand, pressing it to her cheek gently. His hands are calloused. Years of surfing and living on a beach must do that to you.

    She smirks against his gaze, smiling at him. Her smile is only ever genuine with him. Real. She doesn't feel like she has to be someone she isn't with him. She is real, genuine, and complete. Everything is perfect with him, by her side. 

    "Hi" She murmurs, pressing a kiss to his forehead, wrapping her arms around his long torso. He does the same to her, tucking her against his body, in an embrace. Her voice is sleepy and low. 

    He slowly observes her, "You're gorgeous, did you know that?" His voice is deep and guttural, as always. He slides his hand along her back, his warm skin against hers.

    She sighs, smiling slowly in his direction. Her lips curl up as she responds "I did know that," She chuckles, her laugh reverberating against the room. He chuckles too, his hand on her neck as he pulls her backwards, observing her face.

    His eyes scan her face, slowly playing on her features.

    She coyly smiles, unwrapping her arms from around her, placing a piece of hair behind her ear slowly. "At least you admit it. It's better then all those girls who claim they're ugly for compliments," He comments, and she smiles at his tone. His tone turns more serious now "Besides, you are gorgeous. Better if you accept it"

  Alexis laughs, "If girls claim they are ugly, they know they are not. The only reason they ever do that is because they fish for compliments. I promise you. I know plenty of girls like that. Rebecca Standoff is one of them"Her entire life she has watched girls like that flit around her, admire her. Look up to her. The key difference between her and them- she knows her worth. They don't.

    "You made her cry, didn't you?" His tone has darkened, but he doesn't sound upset. His eyes flit slowly over her face. She blinks, sorting through her thoughts.

   "Yeah" Her short, one word answer.

   He nods proudly, "She deserved it" He seriously responds, and when she gauges his expression, she realizes he is completely serious. She grins, lacing her fingers through his, which are near her side. Adonis seems to be finally accepting who she is.

   Who she will always be. And instead of pushing her away- instead of isolating her, he accepts her. And as insignificant as this may seem, it is a step in the right direction. A step towards improving their relationship further. He purses his lips cutely, a small smile on his lips "Can we get coffee? I'm exhausted and I have a lecture to attend in 5 hours"  As much as she craves coffee, her body is exhausted. Beyond exhausted. Last night had drained them both of energy.