chap 51: rapist.

She reminds herself to keep her composure as she pulls up outside of school, a coffee in her hands

 She reminds herself to keep her composure as she pulls up outside of school, a coffee in her hands. It's cold to the touch, and she nurses it, her gaze flitting around the courtyard. Her first day back, and she's weary. She knows something is going to happen. Things never stay silent here, not in Lexington Prep.

 She shakily steps out of her car. She balances herself, making sure that she is able to walk in a straight line before she enters the courtyard. Her eyes immediately meet Lena's, and she can see the despair in them. The pity. Lena is seated with a group of girls in the courtyard, in the corner. She does not spare Alexis another glance, now looking away. Alexis can't blame her. She doesn't deserve any better than this. Alexis chose the game over Lena, and now, Lena can make her own decisions.

 She hightails towards the table, sitting besides Calliope, who offers her a short smile. She knows she isn't exactly warmly welcomed, but to be honest, she doesn't care. She pulls out her phone, scrolling through something. "Calliope," She greets, and Calliope gazes at her, her gaze piercing through Alexis, who calmly looks back "So, where's Max?"

 Calliope mutters something, "Rehab" She shortly replies, turning back to her phone, and Alexis raises an eyebrow. Finally. She cannot admit how long she has wanted this for, how long she has wanted him to be able to heal for. If she could, she would have sent him to rehab years ago.

"That's good" Alexis warmly replies, surprising herself. She doesn't usually try to ever hold conversation with Calliope. She still hates Calliope- the sight of her face, her annoying smile. Calliope did this to her. She watched Alexis suffer, break down after Adonis, and then suffer more after they tore away her future from her. She has nothing left, and god, she refuses to stop until Calliope has nothing left.

Calliope nods slowly, warily watching Alexis, who leers back at her, a smile on her lips. She then turns towards Blair, who is curiously gazing at her. "So, Alexis, where have you been?" She asks, her pretty pink lips meeting. Her voice is no longer hostile. Strange. Parker is nowhere in sight, and Eric is seated with his jock friends at the corner of the table, avoiding her gaze. Blair should still hate her.

 "With Axel," She bites back, watching Eric's jaw clench and he faces her, his eyes narrowed "He took me to San Francisco" She leans against the table, loosening her body.

"Was it really that easy for you to get over Adonis? I thought he was your soulmate" Blair mocks, staring at her patiently, her warm brown eyes are bitter as ever, the same anger as before shining through.

 Alexis rolls her eyes, "Who said we were more than friends?" She challenges immediately, ignoring the first statement. She will personally slice open Blair if she makes another remark about Adonis ever. Blair has no fucking right to ever talk about him.

"Oh, just the pictures" Simone snidely cuts in, holding out her phone. She curls her curly hair around her finger, bitterly gazing at Alexis, who is unfazed. She doesn't even blink. She doesn't know what those images are even supposed to mean. She doesn't even look at the pictures. She doesn't want to see her body.