chap 65: united front

The instant she reaches home, she is bombarded by her parents

    The instant she reaches home, she is bombarded by her parents. Both, with concerned faces, quickly rushing up to her. She barely is given a second to breathe before her mother examines her face, her eyes scanning over her daughter's features. For a second, it seems as if she cannot believe what her daughter has become. Who her daughter is, but she regains her composure quickly. The first thing she does is attempt to hug Alexis, who only backs away from her.

     This is more concern then they've shown in a few days, "What?" She asks, scanning each parent carefully. Her father has backed away, regaining his composure, but her mother is still by her side

  Her mother seems to be panicking, taking deep breathes, "We saw the video. The video of, that boy. That boy, the one that was mocking you. We just wanted to check on you," Her mother starts, but her father cuts her off, not even hesitating for a second when her mother grabs his arm, urging him to stop.

"Stop lying to her, Linda" Her father cuts harshly, and he sounds upset. His tone is clipped  "She called an innocent boy a rapist" She doesn't hesitate as soon as she hears those words. She swallows, choking the bile that threatens to rise.

"Innocent?" She asks in a raised voice, her voice brimming with anger as she stares him at him with piercing green eyes. A thousand emotions pass in between in the moment. She can see all his rage, his temper, and she knows where she gets it from. He created her. And now, he has to deal with his creation. And to believe, once upon a time, her father was her savior. That she admired, and loved her father. She can barely recognize who he is anymore, god, she doesn't love this man in front of her.

  She feels her heart breaking in her chest. Is this what it feels like? "Yes, innocent. You may have ruined his career with yours words. Don't you think before you speak?" He hisses, and she cannot stop the water that wells up in her eyes. Her stomach swarms with something. She can barely see straight, or think straight.  Her father is supposed to support her. Always be by her side. And now, he doubts her. He doesn't trust her, or believe her. But what disgusts her the most is the fact that her father, this man, is defending a rapist.

   "Oh god, Harold, shut up," Her mother protests, shoving her father away from her, and this is the most angry, the most furious she has heard her mother in a while. She sounds exhausted. And for once, she loves her mother. For standing up for her. For being on her side "Let the girl speak. You have no idea what happened, and you have no right to assume" she adds, and when her father's face blanks, she knows he hadn't seen that coming.

    Even her parents can't keep up a unified front. Pathetic.

   She could not have phrased it better then her mother had.

   Her father rolls his eyes, his eyes meeting hers, furious, "You know she has to start taking responsibility for her actions, don't you Linda?" He asks in scathing tone, and she knows this tone. The tone that he takes on when he is being righteous. Above it all.