chap 29: time is up

Tugging the jersey over her shoulders, she boldly smiles in his direction. The letters on the jersey are clear. Evergreen, 34. The star quarterback from Evergreen, the rival school to Lexington. "You have no idea how long I have wanted this for," the boy says, breaking the silence that has settled over them, his almond shaped eyes glistening as he stares at me. A victorious smile plays on his lips "But I have to ask," he mutters as he presses a kiss against her cheek, "What changed things? I've been asking you to go out with me since freshman year"

"I just came around I guess" She lies, shivering in the cold air of the locker room. He nods, wrapping his arms along her. She can feel his defined muscles through his shirt, and she peers up towards him, staring at his gorgeous black tousled hair and black eyes. His arm muscles are even more defined, and as he peers at her, she offers a small smile. She settles back into his embrace, sniffling slightly.

 A whistle blows and he turns his head, "I'll see you on the field in half in hour?" He asks, and she nods slowly as she stands, allowing him to leave. He glances back at her once, but it is brief and fleeting. As soon as he leaves the locker room, she pulls her phone out of her back pocket, opening it quickly, moving towards Lena's name. She presses the call button, raising the phone to her ear.

"How is it going?" She asks, keeping her voice low in case other people are in the locker room.

"Almost done" Lena replies, and she hears a honk through the phone. Lena cusses, but she hears the speeding of the car again as someone races down the street. She smiles as she clicks the end button for the call. "I swear he was going to kill me when he saw me. He knows me you know, because Eric and I.." She trails off as Alexis taps her nails, "I'll be at the game soon. See you" 

 Alexis stares at the phone, aware she should say something, "He doesn't deserve someone who cares about him if that's how he wants to treat them" 

Lena is silent, "I know," She finally says. The call clicks off. 

 She stares around the locker room blankly. She does not feel like going outside yet. She ties up the end of the long jersey into a knot so it accentuates her figure, and then she adjusts her jeans, pulling them upwards so only a sliver of her stomach is visible. When she shivers once more, she decides to leave the locker room, opening the door and allowing the sunlight to filter in. A satisfied smile rests on her lips. Finally, a plan is in action, underway.

 She knows Eric will not take anything she does lightly, but she doesn't want him to. She wants him to suffer as she is. Doubt everything that he knows. Doubt himself, hate himself, tear himself apart as she has been doing. As soon as she walks out on the field, she spots Eric, doing warm-up drills. To her surprise, the crowd is packed to the brim, and people loiter all around the stadium. As she makes her way towards the stairs leading towards the seats beside the players, the smile does not fade off her lips.

She slow slips beside each of the Royals, in the box that has been saved specifically for them. It is right beside the stadium, and she does miss the look that Blair flashes her as soon as she enters. It takes her a few seconds to read the jersey, and once she does, she laughs slightly, turning towards Parker. She whispers something to him that elicits a glare in Alexis's direction after a few seconds.

 She settles beside Simone, "Is that," Simone asks, finally breaking the silence, gape mouthed as her eyes slowly flicker over Alexis's jersey "Axel's Jersey? You move on quick"

 Her eyes widen with derision, "Talk about him again and I'll pull out your tongue," She pleasantly replies, and Calliope laughs slightly, but it is forced. Her lips thin, and she flashes Alexis an annoyed look. Simone and Calliope are a pair. It's well known.