chap 41: grape and drugs

She clicks her heels together, walking down the hall

 She clicks her heels together, walking down the hall. Her blood is rushing to her head, pounding hard. Duke's mother is by her side, and she is pretending that some pressing issue needs to be solved in the architecture of the school. As if. Lexington Prep is immaculate, always clean, always neat, and always the best of the best. It is finally time to carry out her plan.

 "Just this way," She says, hesitating slightly as she knocks on the bathroom door. There is no coming back from this. At all, "Everyone out please," She echoes, and she watches calmly, a  serene expression on her face as Max stumbles out from the bathroom, his eyes glassy.

   Their mother smiles at Alexis, "Max?" His mother asks in surprise, her porcelain skin paling as she stares at his figure. Her lip curls in dissatisfaction as she watches her son, clearly high, gaze back at her. Her lips are painted red, a deep red as she murmurs something under her breathe, clearly concerned.

"Mother," He manages to say, but his voice is slow, and he is slurring his words together, "This, this, is not-," He pauses, trying to get a better grip on the wall, but Alexis comes closer to support him, balancing him slightly. She knows this is the right thing to do but it doesn't make it easier "It's not what it seems, I swear" She does not miss the furious gaze she gives her son, shoving the bathroom door open the door furiously. Alexis knows it's time to disappear. Duke deals in this bathroom, on the third floor. Duke has never had to worry about getting caught because everyone is aware of the consequences of messing with a Royal. But Alexis has no qualms with sending him to jail.

 She slides past Max, leaving him against the wall, alone, as she walks down the hallways, a hesitant smile on her face.  She didn't want to have to involve Max, in fact, she did not want him to have any part of this in any way. But he was the bait. Duke was not stupid enough to possibly stumble outside of the bathroom high, but apparently Max was.

 Lena has no idea about this plan, in fact, she had made Lena a promise she would not do anything.  She'd lied. Obviously. You're supposed to put on a front, parade around like you are perfectly happy even when you want nothing more then revenge, nothing more then the vengeance you deserve. She slams the bathroom door shut, stopping beside Lena, who is glossing her lips at the mirror. She gives Lena a once-over, and Lena wryly smiles at her, shoving her lip gloss in her backpack.

 Lena meets her gaze, "Eric tried to talk to me today," Lena commented, and Alexis does not know what to say. The only reason Eric would be talking to Lena is to gain her support. She can't lose Lena. Not now. "He claimed he was sorry, said he didn't mean it, and I told him to shove his apologies up his ass"

 Alexis breathes out, "Did you really say that?" Alexis asks, chuckling slightly as she puts her own backpack against the counter, trying to find something. The vape Duke had given her several days ago. Lena watches her out of the corner of her eye as she finishes whatever she is doing, and she nods. She puts something back in her backpack before she turns towards Alexis again, a curious expression on her face.