chap 60: black eyes and pretty boys

Alexis needs all the liquid courage possible to force her through school

 Alexis needs all the liquid courage possible to force her through school. No, cross that, she needs all the energy, all the will she can possibly muster, and alcohol, surprisingly gives her that. So as she sips the the wine in her room, lazily laying on her bed, someone finally slams on her door. She sighs, pressing her lips together. After the date on Friday, Adonis and her had gone to a movie, and they'd kissed several times, and afterwards, they had gone home together. She had missed his body against hers.

 She finally opens her room door, lugging her backpack on her body. Her mother has decreed, that due to Alexis's inability to attend school, she will be dropping her from now on. Alexis doesn't care that much. As if she has ever, ever given two shits about what the entire school population thinks of her. For all she knows, they could hate her. She doesn't care. People envy the success she has- how far up she is, and she knows that.

"Come on," Her mother roughly nudges her towards the door, and she glares at her, walking right past her, down to the car. She steps in it, sitting in the front seat besides her mother, who sucks in a dramatic breathe as she starts the engine, swiveling to face her daughter "You have to attend school today. Enough of this act. You do know this will get you nowhere, right?"

Alexis blinks at her mother from under her eyelashes, innocently smiling. Then she snorts, to which her mother sighs at. One word leaves her mouth "Whatever" And with that, she leans against the leather, ignoring her mother's upset gaze, keeping her eyes focused on the front of the car as they pull out of the driveway.

 Her mom sighs, exhausted, "Your father and I are worried about you. You rarely spend time at home. You come home late. You are with one boy or another. You aren't hanging out with your old friends. What happened, Alexis? You can talk to me" Her mother says, breaking the silence, and she narrows her eyes. As if she would ever want to spend her time around them. They refuse to acknowledge how torn apart she is "And we miss you" She smiles, and it is a wide-lipped smile as they finally pull up to the gates of the school, and her mother slides into the drop-off section. 

 She stares at her nails before meeting her mother's shocked eyes, "Not interested" She snarls as she opens the door, not caring as onlookers look at her, wide-eyed awed stares on most of their faces "And count me out of dinner tonight too. I have better things to do. I have boys to meet" She wiggles her fingers a little, a wicked smile crossing her face. She does not give her mother a chance to respond, not even sparing her a glance as she storms towards the school. The hallways are silent as she passes people, and people whisper behind their hands, making sure to not catch her gaze.

 Something is up. Lexington Prep is never this silent. She storms towards the courtyard, ignoring all the side-glances she gets, and the hushed whispers. People talk a lot, but half the time, they don't have a faintest idea what the truth is. That's when somebody roughly slams into her, and she goes spiraling into the lockers, the side of her body hitting the metal. She feels it piercing her skin, and pulls herself away as soon as she possibly can. But when she touches her arm, blood comes off of it. She licks it off her fingers, slowly.