chap 7: alcohol is the best remedy

The sky is a mirage of colors. A light blue, rising into the sky. A pink, dotting the hue. The sun, rising slowly. I hadn't realized that time had passed so quickly. It is almost dawn. The blend of colors if awe-inspiring. The water of the beach lapped on the harbor lightly. Alexis and I are standing on a small stretch of the beach untouched by water, as Alexis shot another ball into a cup. Her eyes are wild as she turned back to me, running towards me and wrapping her arms around me.

"I won, I won" She cheers, and I intently watch the smile playing on her gorgeous face. She's drunk, yet she's beautiful. I haven't seen her like this in a while. Completely happy. A serene smile plays on her face as she shakes hands with the people we had been playing against. She's at peace with herself. All those demons that haunt her disappear when she's drunk, too

The other girl frowns at her boyfriend, hitting him lightly. But I see the smile play over her lips as he stops her hands, kissing her. They have the simplest relationship that I want. A relationship that won't end when this summer is over. A relationship that won't leave two walking corpses in it's wake. I spend a majority of my time with Alexis. I'll be lost when she leaves. She presses a kiss to my lips, and I kiss back, closing my eyes.

She reaches away, running closer towards the ocean. She puts her feet in the water gently, turning back to stare at me. Her eyes are wild, and her dress is slipping from her frame. She makes my heart race in my chest, fast, faster, her green eyes piercing into me powerfully.

I break out of my stupor, "Your dress" I murmur as I slowly walk towards her, pressing my lips together. I wish this would last forever. Us. It would be ever so simple. I wish it could be.

She pulls up her dress, flashing me a sultry smile. I don't say anything. I refuse to ever take advantage of her when she's drunk. I respect her more then she'll ever respect herself, as crude as that is to say. I love her. I would never, ever do anything to hurt her. I wish it could just be me and her, alone, forever. That is everything I need.

"We could leave" I offer, and she raises an eyebrow, clearly confused. I wouldn't expect her to understand what I'm saying in her drunken state. I know it isn't possible. I would love for us to just leave everything behind. Greece. Her last year in high school. My college. Everything that we don't need.

All we need is each other. We need each other to breathe.

I know that something haunts her. Something she's done. She's told me time and time again that she isn't a good person. That she wishes she could be better. But she's never told me why. But I know that no matter what it is, I will be able to forgive her. "What?" She asks, and she stumbles against the sand slightly as she shifts on her feet. I scoop her off her feet, staring into her eyes. I know what I have to say, but I don't want to say it.

I press a kiss to her forehead.

"Don't leave me" I whisper. She doesn't hear me.

LEAVE A VOTE! IT BOOSTS MY STORY