chap 37: revenge is best served cold

If possible, she is much more hostile in the next few weeks, ignoring her parents completely

If possible, she is much more hostile in the next few weeks, ignoring her parents completely. She avoids them every single morning on her way to school, every single time she goes anywhere, she completely ignores them. And she has accepted herself more than ever. Shifted into her role. Her plan with Blair had officially lifted off this morning, and by now, the news should be out. But she never knows. If things were delayed, people will know by the end of the day.

 She had not checked in with her father, who had done the whole thing. She had manipulated him, convincing him what she was doing was for the good of people, even though it was not. The urge to tear Blair apart overrules any other feelings she has. A long, weary sigh leaves her body, and she turns on her engine, revving it.

 It takes a few minutes before she pulls up in front of Lena's house, honking impatiently until Lena steps out, dressed in the shortest dress she has worn this week. Her pale legs are clear underneath the yellow sunflowers, and the dress sticks to her body. She is draped in a shawl, yet, most of her skin is visible. As she sits against the car, Alexis does a once over of her outfit. She never judges other girls, but she feels as if Lena has something to prove. As if Lena wants to show that she is fine without Eric. That she is better without Eric. She knows the girl is hurting too.

"How have you been?" She asks as they pull out of the driveway, and she refuses to meet Lena's face. She is capable of emotions, but she can barely sympathize with others, even if she knows they are hurting. According to her research, sociopaths are able to make human connections that they mean. With people they love. Love is such a foreign term to her. She is not sure if she feels it or not. She doesn't think she can make eye contact. That's far too much connection for her,"Is anything wrong?

 Lena seems unsure, fidgeting with her dress. Alexis rarely asks her what's wrong. Alexis isn't as good of a friend as Lena is to her, "I think so," Lena calmly responds, and she tugs her dress down "Sometimes," she says, toying with the edge of her dress "I miss Eric. But then I remember his opinion of me. What he thinks of me. And it makes it much, much easier to not miss him. But the memories, you know? We had good times together, even if he hates me now. And honestly, I think it's for the best that he hates me"

"My memories with Adonis never fade either," She wistfully replies, and his name is foreign on her lips. She has not said it in her far too long "And, every single day, I can see myself on that cliff in Greece, holding his hand near his father's chapel, smiling so widely I can barely breathe"

"You really miss him, don't you?" Lena says, sliding her hand along the interior of the car. Alexis does the same, and the leather is cold to the touch. It's comforting, in a way.

 Alexis nods, "Yeah, but the more time that passes, the less I miss him" She replies, and Lena nods. She understands. Someone actually relates to her pain, actually feels her pain. Everyone else pretends to care, everyone else pretends to understand, to know, but Lena truly does. Lena knows how it feels to lose someone you love and dedicate all your time to.