chap 42: delicate

Lena leans against her, clearly tipsy, but not drunk yet

 Lena leans against her, clearly tipsy, but not drunk yet. Her eyes have that familiar twinkle in them, her hair splayed out around her. This party is a college party, but honestly, Alexis prefers older, mature kids. She always has. She has been ignoring Axel's constant advances, calls and texts, and so far, her resolve has held up. "How long until Dave gets here?" Lena asks, pressing her drink to her lips. Dave is the bartender for this party, and he is being paid handsomely. But he isn't here yet.

 "Soon I guess," Alexis says after a few seconds, but her tone is not convincing enough judging by the sour expression Lena is wearing, "Seriously, soon" She confirms, and Lena smiles. She's gotten bored of attending parties lately but the boredom is catching up to her.

 Alexis tilts her head slightly, "He's here" Alexis observes, watching Dave push through the crowd. Lena and Alexis are seated beside Muhammad, who with Alexis's begging, had allowed them a spot here, in this exclusive part of the bar. That way, they do not have to be surrounded by people. This is the most out of her comfort zone she will force herself. Soon, she'll be okay. She tells herself that, over and over again. Soon, touch will not disgust her.

 "Ooh" Lena squeals, and she slides over to him. Alexis likes the silence. She's happy for her but she has that familiar ringing in her ears, reminding her that Lena was part in her downfall. But she knows Lena, and Lena is good people. She cares about Lena and her happiness. And Lena has already lost everything of value.

  Alexis sips her drink lazily, "I'm surprised that you are up here" A mocking voice calls out, and she meets Muhammad's gaze icily, not responding for a few seconds. Muhammad and her have both played parts in their own destruction. Both of them are falling.

"And why would that be?" She plays along, teasing, her now red lips forming a pout. She had proclaimed that red was not her color, but it makes her look far older than she is. That's why she wears it so often nowadays.

 He winningly smiles, "Shouldn't you be down on the dance floor?" He asks, sliding something to her. She apprehends it. Like brother, like sister. She can't drink it, so she just holds it in her hand, lazily playing with it.

"Your sister made sure I wouldn't want to be on that floor," She replies, and Muhammad raises a quizzical eyebrow, clearly confused "It's complicated" She explains, not in the mood to talk about it. It doesn't matter if it'll ruin their relationship more. From what she can she, Muhammad and Blair barely have a relationship. One hanging on by an absolute thread. She doesn't need to damage that more.

 His brown eyes flash with some kind of emotion as he stares at her, unblinking. He touches the stubble on his chin. "Obviously," He starts, and she tilts her head, her green eyes intently piercing into him "I have been a shitty brother," He admits, and Alexis scoffs at that. Shitty is the least of it, but she allows him to continue "But Alexandria, consider this my warning, I may have not played the proper role of a big brother so far, but Blair is my sister. And I look out for my blood. And from now on, anything you ever do to her, is something I will consider a personal offense" He ends, and she takes a second to survey his features. She can tell if someone is lying or not, and if they truly intend to do what they claim. And he means it.