nove

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

madison

saturday came by sooner than i expected and i found myself getting ready for hector and i's date. i was on facetime with mattia who insisted on giving me, and i quote, fashion advice because i needed it.

"where are you guys going again?" he asked and i shrug.

"he said it was a surprise but to dress casually and a little bit comfy." i told him and he listened as he rubbed his chin with his fingers.

before he can answer, hector texts me saying "just wear a hoodie and sweatpants, trust."

"he said to wear a hoodie and sweatpants." i told him and he made a weird face.

"definitely not what i was expecting for a first date." he said.

i go to my drawer and grab a blue hoodie and some black sweatpants. i take off my shirt, leaving me in a bralette, and my hoodie on. after putting on my sweatpants i step outside and show mattia.

"i fuck with it." he tells me and applauds me.

"okay now i just have to fix my hair and put on makeup." i tell him as i grab my phone and set it on the vanity desk before i sit down.

"dude your hair is fine and you don't need to put makeup on." he says. "clearly you guys aren't going anywhere fancy."

"nice try but i'm still going to put some makeup on." i tell him as i grab the concealer and apply some under my eyes. "anyways, how are you and jenna?" i ask him.

"she's there." he shrugs and i look at him.

"sounds like you don't care what she's doing."

"i don't." he says but quickly looks up as he realizes what he just said. "i mean i do don't get me wrong but she's probably with her friends so i don't really like bothering her."

"but you like bothering me." i tell him with a fake offended smile and he chuckles.

"of course."

once i finish applying my makeup, i connect the straightener to the wall and set it to the hottest temperate.

"i've been meaning to ask you this for a while, but i didn't because i didn't know if i was someone that you trusted but now that-" i tell him but he cuts me off.

"ask the damn question mads." he laughs and i smile.

"why did you and jenna break up in the first place?" i ask him as i looked at him through my phone. i could see him tense up, already making me feel bad for asking. "don't answer that, i'm sorry." i tell him. i'm a fucking idiot.

he laughs at my concern and smiles, "our attitudes are very similar in the sense that we're both very stubborn so we both had way too much pride to apologize to each other." he says. "it just came to a point where it wasn't right anymore."

"how come you guys are back together then?" i ask him. if they were both stubborn then, i don't think much has changed.

"well we both like each other and we're willing to put our pride aside." he says and i nod. "how come you asked?"