novanta

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

i highly recommend you play this song as you read this chapter.

madison

i was parked outside of his house. should i go in? i probably shouldn't, but i can't leave without saying anything either.

i got out of my car and looked at his house before closing my car door.

here's goes nothing.

i walk up the steps and lightly knock on the door. a few seconds later and no response. i knock again and, still, no response.

his car is parked outside so he's definitely here. i grab the door knob and twist open, revealing his house. his house is unlocked.

i lightly close the door and walk up the stairs. just apologize, tell him everything, and everything will be fine.

"hey matti-" i said but there i saw him in front of me.

no, no, no. this isn't happening.

my heart dropped as not only was mattia in his room, but there i saw jenna naked on his bed.

tears surrounded my eyes as i grabbed the door handle and slammed it shut. how could i be so fucking stupid?

i ran down the stairs as tears created a trail down my cheeks. "madison." he said from behind me and i ignored his words.

i walked out of the house and walked straight to my car. "madison." he said again.

"you broke a promise!" i yelled at him.

"i broke a promise?" he asked. "you lied to me about hector, he almost kissed you and you didn't tell me!" he said.

"you never gave me the chance to fucking explain to you!" i yelled at him. "was it because you were too busy screwing jenna?" i asked him. i scoffed, "and to think we could actually make this work out."

"you're not actually mad." he says.

"are you fucking dumb?" i said as i poked my temples with my fingers. "i just caught my boyfriend sleeping with his ex girlfriend. the same ex girlfriend who happened to be there while i was drugged and almost raped!" i yelled.

"how do you think i felt when you hid the fact that he tried to kiss you? the guy who has managed to ruin two of my relationships." he said. "i felt terrible. i felt like you couldn't trust me. i had given you my all for you to pull that shit on me."

"what i did wasn't even half as bad as what you were doing." i defended myself. "i recognized that what i did was wrong, but you actually meant to sleep with her. that's the difference." i told him. "i wonder what would've happened if i never caught you."

"you lied." he told me.

"i came here to explain myself." i told him. "but you know what? fuck an explanation and fuck you mattia." i spat, venom filling every word that left my mouth. "i never want to see you or talk to you again." i told him as i turned around.

"you don't mean that." he scoffed and i stopped in my tracks.

i turn around and walked to him, "i'll mean it today, i'll mean it tomorrow, i'll mean it here, and i'll mean it in miami." i told him and his face dropped.

"wait what?" he said. "you're leaving to miami?"

i scoffed as tears ran down my eyes, "d-does it matter? it's not like we're in a relationship."

"madison." he said in a softer voice.

"no." i pointed at him with my index finger. "you don't get to do that." i cried. "continue your little fling mattia, we're done." i looked down at my hands and saw the ring he gave me.

"here." i slipped the ring off my finger and hit his chest with it. "i'm sure this will look better on jenna than it did on me." my voice cracked as i cried my way to my car.

i quickly pulled out of his driveway and drove. i couldn't do anything but cry. he cheated on me. mattia cheated on me.

of all the people to betray me, he was the last person i'd ever expect to do that to me.

i let myself think he just wanted space, but all along i was probably used to get to jenna.

jenna will always be his first choice and that's what hurt. all those lies he told me about hating her was all fake.

he slept with her knowing damn well everything that she did to me. to him. to us.

i can't believe him.

"i'm so stupid!" i hit my steering wheel. "i hate him!" i yelled.

i parked outside of my house and locked my car as i opened my front door. my dad was working extra shifts since he missed his day at work for court.

i feel like i've hit rock bottom.

i grab my phone and call the only person in new jersey that could help me through this just like i helped him.

"hey, what's up?" alejandro said through the phone.

"i need someone to talk to and you're the only person i trust here." i said as i attempted to hold back my tears.

"is everything okay?" he asked me.

"no." i told him. "mattia cheated on me."

"what?" he exclaimed as he covered his mouth through the facetime call. "no way."

"i wish i was lying." i told him. "i caught him sleeping with jenna when i went over to talk to him." i said. "and on top of that, my mom won custody and now i have to move to miami."

"why the fuck did he do that?" he angrily said. "he's so fucking stupid."

"please don't tell him anything, i just want to leave and forget about it." i told him and he didn't respond. "i mean it alejandro."

"i won't, i won't." he tells me.

"i'll make lauren lose feelings." i joked and he laughed.

"does that mean she has them?" he asked and i put my hands up.

"you didn't hear it from me." i told him and he laughs.

"you really don't deserve anything that's happened to you." he told me.

"thank you for everything alejandro." i told him. "you're such a good friend and i approve you and lauren."

"lauren and i will always be here for you." he said.

"i'm gonna start packing my things but thank you ale." i told him.

"you know i got you." he said with a smile and i laugh before hanging up.

author's notes
DONT HATE ME PLEASE