sessantasette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

"happy birthday to you!" mattia, alejandro, kairi, alvaro, roshaun, and robert sang in the hallways as we walked out of school.

"that was like the fifth time you guys have sang happy birthday to me." i told them as i laughed.

"mattia said if we don't make you feel special he'll beat all of our asses." alvaro said and i glared at mattia who swooped down to give me a kiss.

"get a room." robert said and mattia pushed his face.

"bye losers." kairi said as we walked away to his car. we waved goodbye before getting in mattia's car.

he looked excited, "you look like you're the birthday boy." i told him as i laughed and he grinned.

"it's your birthday." he says.

"yeah, i know." i told him. after all the birthday wishes i've received today, i don't think there's any way i could forget my birthday.

i see him go a different way from the usual route to my house. "um where are we going?" i asked him.

"to the mall." he replied as he kept on driving. my face lit up as i got excited to go shopping. i haven't shopped in forever.

he grabbed the steering wheel with his left hand and grabbed my hand with his right. he brought my hand up to his lips and gave them a firm kiss, "you know how much i love you right?" he tells me and i smile.

"i love you more." i tell him and he scoffs.

"false." he says, imitating dwight from the office.

i chuckle at his imitation. "whatever helps you sleep at night." i tell him. "can you please tell me what the surprise is?"

he shakes his head. "babe you'll find out later." he tells me and i sigh. i really want to know what he got me. i don't even care if he didn't buy it and he made it himself, i just want to know.

soon enough, we arrive at the mall and we make our way towards the entrance. "i'm so glad we have a long weekend." i tell him and he nods.

"i'm so tired of school." he responds.

an hour later, we were walking out of the mall with about five bags. i went ahead and claimed my birthday present from sephora which was some skincare products. then, i went to victoria secret and bought some lingerie and different perfumes.

we were on our way home and mattia was excited. at the red light, he looked over to me. "open that." he points towards the compartment in front of me and i do so.

inside of the compartment were blindfolds. "no." i tell him.

"baby-"

"please don't make me wear them." i tell him and he laughs.

"i promise it's worth it." he tells me and i sigh before putting it on.

i tie it behind my head and pull it down to make sure i don't see anything. "there i can't see shit." i told him and i hear him laugh. "this is funny to you?" i ask him which only makes him laugh harder.

"i promise it's worth it." he replies.

he continues driving until i feel a familiar turn and soon the car stops. i hear him
get out of the car and soon enough my door opens.

"be careful." he says as he helps me get out of the car.

i carefully get out of the car, "my birthday baby." i hear my dad say. "mi niña, you're growing up so fast." he says and i smile.