trentasette

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

later that day, mattia and i got ready to go surprise lauren. "mel can i borrow your car?" i ask her and she looks at me.

"if you crash my car, i will kill you." she says causing us to laugh.

i grab the keys from her hands, "no promises." i tell her before mattia and i walk out the door.

"let's see how much of a terrible driver you are." mattia says as he walks towards the passenger side.

"i'm a good ass driver shut up." i told him and he smiled. "you've seen me drive before you were just too drunk to remember." i told him.

"the only thing i remember from that day was how good you looked." he tells me and i shoot him a smile.

i turn the car on and back out of the driveway. "wow, i'm impressed." he says and i smile cockily.

within a few minutes, we arrive at lauren's house and i notice a familiar car parked outside of her house.

i get out of the car with mattia to walk to the front door and ring the doorbell. the door unlocks and i make eye contact with lauren's mom. "madison! what are you doing here?" her mom asks.

i chuckle at her reaction and give her a hug, "i'm visiting my family in miami and i wanted to surprise you guys." i tell her and she gives me a warm smile before letting mattia and i in.

"hi i'm mattia, nice to meet you." he tells and lauren's mom smiles.

"wow, is he your boyfriend?" she asks and i nod. "girl you hit the jackpot." she says and mattia and i laugh. lauren's mom has always been funny.

mattia and i go upstairs and knock on lauren's door. "come in!" she says and i swing the door open only to see sebastien next to her.

"i'm here bitch!" i tell her and she screams before jumping off the bed and giving me a tight hug.

"oh my god!" she yells as she hugs me tightly. she let's go of me and turns over to mattia, "i have heard so many things about you." she says and mattia looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"is that so?" he says and sebastien gets up.

"madison, it's been forever." he says and gives me hug.

sebastien and laura have been dating since the beginning of freshman year. at first they were good for each other, but last year sebastien kissed a girl at a party and broke lauren's heart. i was there through it all, helping her get over the guy who broke her heart only for her to get back with him.

he's a cool guy, he's just not good for her.

"bitch you didn't tell me you were coming." she says as she widens her eyes and she points to sebastien with them.

"that ruins the purpose of the surprise." i tell her.

"wait a minute." mattia says. "you look familiar." he points at sebastien. "are you on tiktok?"

"yes sir." sebastien responds. sebastien and mattia then begin to talk, leaving lauren and i alone.

"wow, our boyfriends our bonding." lauren says and i chuckle. "dude i'm so happy you're here."

"me too, i missed everyone here." i tell her. "i have to talk to you about something."

her face changes and she sits down on her bed. i do the same before telling her what happened with my mom. "i found a letter from my mom and she's still alive." she says and her eyes go wide.

"what?" she said in shock.

i nod, "she lives here and i'm going to visit her one of these days." i tell her and she covers her mouth before giving me a hug.

"mads, oh my god." she says and rubs my back. "holy shit."

"you guys should come to the party tomorrow." sebastien tells mattia and i.

"oh, we're going." i tell him and mattia looks at me with his eyebrows knit together.

"since when?" he asks and i get up.

"you never went to miami if you didn't experienced a miami party." i tell him and lauren and sebastien agree.

"okay, but jersey stays superior to miami." mattia defends new jersey.

"keep telling yourself that." lauren says as she pats his shoulder.

after leaving lauren's house, mattia and i got some frozen yogurt and drove back home. we were currently in our room laying down watching netflix. i was forcing mattia to watch money heist.

"if i was as smart as the professor i would be stealing banks twenty-four-seven." mattia says, focused on the screen.

"how did you like lauren?" i asked him.

"she's cool." he says. "so is sebastien."

"sebastien's a whole different story." i tell him and he pauses the show and turns to me, knowing we're having a conversation.

"what do you mean?" he asks and i sigh.

"he's cheated on lauren and after everything he put her through she took him back." i told him and he sighed.

"it's different for everyone." he says. "it's hard for others to let go of people they love and maybe that's the case with lauren."

i think about what he says and wonder if it applies to him. does he miss jenna? don't overthink it, madison. it's not that deep.

"i know." i say before snuggling up close to him and feeling his warmth. i could stay like this forever.

"thankfully, that's not the case with me anymore." he says and a sense of relief takes over my body as i hear those words come out of his mouth.

thank god.

"are you tired?" he asks and i nod.

"just a little." i tell him and a yawn escapes my mouth.

"yeah, just a little." he says sarcastically. "let's go to sleep, we'll finish the show tomorrow."

with that, he grabs the remote control and turns off the tv. i fix my pillow and lay down, shutting my eyes. i close my eyes and try to fall asleep, but i just can't.

this is mattia and i's first time sleeping together and a part of me is excited while the other part is nervous. i want to hug him so bad, but what if he doesn't like that?

i try not to think about it so that i can fall asleep, but a few minutes later i feel the bed sink as his body moves closer to my back. he wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him, "goodnight baby." he says in a soft voice causing me to swoon.

"goodnight." i say through a smile.

author's notes
my favorites. i haven't updated in forever but expect more chapters! i added katie pego to the character visual because she's lauren. also, mattia is talking to jora after specifically stating in an interview he "wants to focus on tiktok and doesn't want any distractions." yeah ok. i can't w him sometimes bruh LMFAO somebody needs to knock some sense into that child. still my king tho 🚫🧢 LMAOAKA you guys should watch money heist if you already haven't it's AMAZING. love y'all thank you for 30k+ reads. i'm so happy you guys are loving the book ❤️