ottantanove

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 1
𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

madison

i finished putting on my outfit and looked in the mirror of my aunt's guest room. "you look great." lauren said and i turned around.

"i don't know what i'd do without you." i told her and gave her a hug.

"i don't know either." she said with a small smile and i rolled my eyes. "but seriously, don't stress anything okay? everything is going to go fine and even if it doesn't, life continues and we'll make the most out of it."

i smiled and nodded before grabbing my phone. i checked my lock screen with hopes of seeing a text or a missed call from mattia, but i saw nothing but a picture of us as my wallpaper.

i sighed. he's really not going to talk to me, not even on a day so important to me.

"girl fuck him." she said and i looked at her. "not literally though" she said and i laughed.

"madison!" my dad yelled from downstairs.

it's time.

we walked out of the room and down the stairs. "let's go." my dad said to lauren and i.

i sighed as i walked out the door and into my aunt's car. about fifteen minutes later, we finally arrive and we enter the court.

* DISCLAIMER *
i have no idea what happens in a court room so please be aware that this won't be 100% spot on. i don't want to be a lawyer so the terms that i use MIGHT be incorrect.

"i'm going to be back here love, you got this." lauren tells me as she takes a seat in the audience and i nod.

we walk to our designated area and we see our lawyer, "good morning how are you guys?" he asks us.

"i'm feeling good, a bit nervous, but good." my dad responds.

"and you?" the lawyer asks me. "remember what we talked about." he said and i nodded.

i don't feel like being here. i want this all to go away and i want to live with my dad and raquel.

the judge then walked in and everyone stood up. "my name is judge martinez, i will be hearing the plaintiff, vanessa rodriguez, and the defendant, mason cecaro in this courtroom for custody over madison cecaro." she says. "plaintiff rodriguez and her representative may begin."

vanessa and her lawyer stand up, "first and foremost, i would like to thank you all for coming here on a beautiful morning. we're gathered here today to explain as to why i would like to have full custody over my daughter madison cecaro." vanessa speaks before nodding.

"madison, could you take a seat right here please?" the judge says and i stand up, sitting on the seat where they ask questions.

an officer comes out and brings out what looks like a bible. "left hand on the bible, right hand up please." they directed me.

i look at my dad before doing so. "do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you god?" he asked me.