ottantadue

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

a week later, i grew stressed as not only was the court date getting closer, but so was the due date for the project.

there were about two minutes left until lunch was over and i was walking around the school with mattia. "everything's going to be fine." he swung his arm around my shoulder and squeezed my arm.

"i don't know, there are so many things that are back to back." i told him and he stops walking and turns me to him.

"do you need a stress reliever?" he wiggles his eyebrows and i smack his arm.

"i'm serious mattia!" i said as he laughed at me.

"so am i." he responded and i smacked him again.

"if next week goes bad, i'll be living in miami." i tell him and he chuckled.

"whatever happens, we're going to be fine." he tells me. "plus." he adds as he grabbed my hand. "i made a promise."

i smiled before giving him a hug. i try not to stress and overthink, but i can't help it sometimes.

the bell rang, interrupting my thoughts and we kissed each other goodbye before walking to our classes.

i entered my classroom and sat down, laying my head down on my desk. the last place i want to be at is here. "good afternoon class." the teacher said. "by now you should be almost done with your project. remember that it's due next week and today's the only class time i'll give you to work on it." he tells us and we nod.

hector walked over to my desk and sat down beside me. he opened his laptop and pushed it toward me. "these are the eight events i found." he told me and i nodded.

"fuck, we're not even done with the project." i said as i picked my hair up in a messy bun.

"i have an idea." he tells me and i narrow my eyebrows. "how about we finish the powerpoint today and work on the poster board tomorrow at my place?" he tells me.

immediately, i shake my head "i don't know hector." i tell him.

"i swear nothing will happen it'll only be for the project and then you can leave." he says. "i'll buy the poster board."

i don't want mattia getting mad.

"just for the project?" i ask him and he nods.

"just for the project." he said. "if you want i can go to your house if you don't trust me."

there's no way he's going to my house. my dad would kill him before he can get out of his car.

"no, it's fine we'll meet at your house just text me the address." i told him and he nodded.

"so you're going to his house?" mattia asked as he sat up from laying on my lap on my bed.

school had finished about an hour ago and mattia came over to my house.

i nodded, "it's just to finish the stupid ass project." i tell him and he sighs before nodding and laying back down.

"please be careful." he warned me. "if anything happens call me right away."

i chuckled as i played with his hair, "okay dad." i jokingly told him and he laughed.

"i'm serious though." he tells me. "there are a lot of things to consider since your parents are fighting over custody."

"i know." i told him with a slight hint of annoyance.

"okay i'll shut up now." he laughed. "can you-"

"i thought you said you'd shut up?" i teased him and he lightly he pushed my face to the side.

"well i lied." he responded. "but can you believe that we're seniors next year?" he asked me. "it feels like i just started high school."

"yeah, that's crazy." i told him. "freshman year, a senior told me my class was on the fifth floor and when i asked a teacher where it was, she laughed and told me there wasn't one."

"of course you'd fall for it." he laughed and i pushed his face this time.

"i was a freshman and it was the first day of school, what do you expect?" i asked him.

"i don't know, some common sense?" he jokingly asked. "did it ever hit you that maybe that's why there weren't any more staircases?"

"good point." i laughed.

we continued talking before we both took a nap.

i just hope i can finish the project tomorrow and have one less thing to worry about.

author's notes
girl i'm on a roll w these updates LMAODJS