quaranta­cinque

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

it was about four in the afternoon and mattia's game has been going on for about an hour. i was wearing one of his other jerseys with his number, twenty two, on it. i can tell he's stressed by the way he rubs the sweat off of his forehead.

he was currently in the corner of the field, ready for the referee to give him the green light for him to kick. he kicks the ball and runs right back on the field to his position.

"come on." leilani shook her feet, nervous for the game.

everyone knows how much of a big deal this game is. the last time passaic valley won a soccer season was three years ago, so winning a game after three years would be legendary for us.

the cheerleaders were rooting on the side and my blood boiled every time jenna would make sure to cheer extra loud when mattia scored. i can't stand her at all.

kairi is shuffling the ball between his feet as he runs with it. he quickly passes it over to some other kid who then passes it to mattia. mattia jukes the opposing player and kicks the ball straight for the net. the goalie misses the ball and it hits the net.

the crowd erupts into cheers and everyone runs towards the field. i run straight towards mattia and jump on him as he spins me around. "you guys won!" i yell.

"hell yeah we did!" mattia yells back and kisses my lips before he puts me back on the ground.

"you know what that means?" alejandro yells as he goes up to one of his teammates.

"party!" they all yell in unison.

what?

mattia gives me a quick kiss before running towards his bag. he comes back and sticks his hand out for me to grab it.

i grab his hand and we walk together to his car, "i didn't know this party was occurring." i told him.

"i didn't want to say it and then end up losing." he says and he pouts. "come on, i just won a motherfucking soccer game. we beat everyone in the entire state babe."

i try to hide my smile but horribly fail, "fine." i hold onto his unoccupied hand as he drives.

"you're the best girlfriend ever you know that, right?" he tells me and i look at him.

"yes, i know that." i respond and he smiles widely. i've never seen him smile this much. not that i'm complaining, but it shows how much this sport really means to him.

he arrives at my house and parks the car, not getting out of it. "be ready in like thirty minutes please." he tells me and i laugh.

"you're insane if you think i'm going to be ready in thirty minutes." i respond and he sighs.

"fifty." he tells me and i sigh before shrugging.

"fine, but don't be surprised if i look ugly." i warm him and he rolls his eyes.

"baby, you're never ugly." he says and i smile before leaning in.

"i will be if you give me fifty minutes to get ready." i attempt to guilt trip him and he rubs his forehead and laughs.

"fine, text me when you're ready." he tells me and i grin.

"you're the best." i tell him and kiss his lips before getting out of the car.

"wait!" he yells from his car and i walk back towards him.

"what?" i stick my head through his window and he smiles.