settantuno

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

madison

monday came by and i was unlocking the door to my house. mattia was supposed to study at my house, but his dad needed him to work a shift.

i entered my house and saw my dad on the table with a letter in his hand. he was rubbing his forehead until he noticed i was home.

"hey, is everything alright?" i asked him as i walked over to him. he stands up and gives me a hug before sitting back down.

"the police found the camera footage of the guy taking you to the room and he's been arrested." he says with a small smile.

my eyes go wide, "that's great news!" i happily said.

thank god, that piece of shit deserves to rot in a prison cell.

"you should probably read this." he said and gave me the letter he was reading. confused, i grabbed the letter and began to read.

'on march 2, 2020, the respondent, mason cecaro, and the petitoner, vanessa hernandez, are to dispute over custody of their child madison cecaro. petitioner does not believe the child is in good care and supervision due to the following events: drug use, attempted rape, underaged drinking, non consensual sex. the petitioner claims full custody until the child is a legal adult and the final decision will be made march 2, 2020.'

my heart drops to the floor as those words were interpreted. there's no way. i'm not letting this happen. and what drug use? i was literally drugged she's acting as if i wanted to get roofied.

"wait-" i said.

"your mother then calls me and tells me she doesn't think you're in good hands because the police had to contact both legal parents and let her know about the situation that went on." he tells me. "your mother wants you to live with her in miami."

"no, no, no." i say as i grab the paper and crumble it up into a ball. "we're not going."

"madison if we don't go it'll only make things worse." he tells me. "i've already contacted my lawyer so he's going to help us out and make sure you stay."

i brush my hair back with my fingers. "everything was finally going back to normal and now this just has to happen?" i ask him. "what's vanessa's number?"

he opens his phone and sends me a text message with her number. "please don't say anything you might regret."

i give my dad a hug, "you're the best dad ever and i'm not going to let her take me away from you."

"i love you sweetheart." he kisses the top of my head. i go upstairs and sit on my bed.

the audacity that woman has to file a whole ass court order for custody. i'm eighteen next year and i am old enough to make my own choices. why is she so fixated on having a relationship with me?

i click on the phone number and begin to type.

vanessa hernandez

good afternoon, this is madison.
i'm texting you because i think
it's truly disrespectful for you to think
you should gain any type of custody
of me. you lost custody the moment you decided to leave your daughter
over alcohol. you had time to make
a choice and it is not my fault you
chose the wrong one. what happened
at that party was my fault and it should not be placed under my father's responsibility. i highly suggest you
take back that court order.