Chapter 15 - Counting Down

Asimina

Lying in bed this morning, a smile graces my lips. Last night was much needed, and it's given me a new source of life. My little imperfections don't bother me, and I've never been the type of person to care what people think. It's different with Raffaele; his opinions matter. Yes, he has seen me naked, but he has never focused on my scars and stretch marks before.

I miss his warmth at night. The huge bed is empty. Grabbing his pillow, I bury my face into it, taking in his scent. Tomorrow night is the big night, and I will see my family again. I'm nervous, anxious, and worried that my sisters and the Alexiou boys would hate Petro and Paul. The situation is screwed up, and I have a lot of explaining to do. Hopefully, with Raffaele's help, they will all understand.

We talked last night he was keen to know the details of the Greek wedding, but I only gave away the location. As for the koubari, we decided we would ask Antonio and Nat. His uncle is more like an older brother to Raffaele, and I miss my older sister. The one that disappeared just before mom died. Nat had changed dramatically, and no one knows the reason. I'm hoping this will make us close once more, and we can rebuild our bond.

Before Raffaele left for the night, things became heated between us, and soon we ended up having a second and harder round, putting me fast asleep by the end of it. Placing the pillow to the side, I sit up and slide out of bed, turning to my bedside table, the sight of Troy has me erupting with laughter.

He's in two pieces with the note: I will be the only one to please you!

Throwing on some clothes, I head to the bathroom. I'm in desperate need of a coffee and breakfast. My stomach is growling. The morning wash routine is a quick one. Drying my face, I toss my hair into a bun and make my way downstairs.

Stepping into the kitchen, Tommy shoves some egg into his mouth. Pointing to the stool, he motions me to take a seat. Alex slides me a cup of coffee, and I'm starting to get used to this pampering. Capos at my service, I might need to add this to their list of duties.

"Where is the hostage this morning?" Sal chuckles.

"Really?" I raise an annoyed brow.

"I'm only asking because Raffaele left us instructions," he continues to tease and slides a note over: Troy is hacked in half. His services are no longer required. Dispose of him.

"You're all ridiculous," the three men burst into laughter.

"If you had seen Raffaele's reaction that day when you mentioned a Troy as your lover. You would understand why this is so amusing," Tommy shakes his head.

"The best part was when they called Jaz. She advised them he was battery operated, and in your drawer," Alex adds.

He got jealous over a dildo. In his defense, he didn't know that at the time. However, last night, he was quick to toss it to the side and take over. Flipping my scrambled eggs onto a plate, Tommy adds bacon and mushrooms before sliding it to me.

"How do you feel about tomorrow night?" Tommy sparks conversation.

"Mixed emotions," I let out a breath, forking my food. "I'm excited, nervous, anxious, and worried about how everyone will react to Petro and Paul. Mainly my family."

"They will understand," Sal attempts to ease my worries, "It was a hard decision, but it needed to be done. Besides, Raffaele won't allow for Petro to be blamed."

Nodding, I bring the fork to my mouth. Tommy has managed to make the fluffiest scrambled eggs. "What's on for today?" I ask in hopes we do something different. I'm so bored.