Chapter 22 - Moments Like This!

Song has been added swipe across chosen by stephen_jamesisdaddy ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Asimina

I left Raffaele and the rest of the men down in the cells. I have changed so much in the past three years. Every movie I've watched has become my reality, my life. I may have always shown strength in many aspects, but the truth be told, I've never been this vicious. I'm in the center of a world that's beyond any nightmare—the men nothing but animals, cruelling, raping women, and killing children. Without remorse, there is no mercy, no sympathy. I refuse to be a victim, and losing a battle doesn't make me one, as long as I win the war. I have never been delusional or deranged, thinking the world is beautiful and that everything is sweet. However, I never have seen the dark side. The papers the news give you a dim view of the brutality that occurs.

Do I feel remorseful? Did her pleads raise any sympathy? None, at all. It's as if I didn't have a heart. Watching her sawn if half was satisfying. I keep asking myself, have I gone insane? But then I remember I'm a mother. My child is my world. I know what it feels like to lose a baby, and I can't go through that again. For Nathan, firstly and most importantly, I will rip through anyone that attempts to hurt him. Secondly, for myself, I want to see my son grow. I want to wear that gown and pledge my life to Raffaele. He's a man you would usually steer clear from, a man that beasts fear. Yet the way he is with me is every woman's dream.

These killings are called "statements," hidden from the public and spoken about only within the crime world. It's to put fear within other criminal families. They need to fear me as well and not only Raffaele.

Turning the water off, I run my fingers through my hair, removing the excess, and reach for the towel. To say I'm not exhausted would be a lie. Emotional and physically, I'm drained.

"It's almost over," I mutter to myself in relief.

"What is?"

My eyes close at the sound of his hoarse voice that always sends delightful shivers through my body. Moving my wet hair to the side, he leans his chin on my shoulder and wraps his arms around me. I melt. I'm at home with him. "The end of the Di Vitto's," I mumble before a smile curls at the thoughts of the final member dying.

"In the next few days, it all ends, and then we fly to Greece," I can feel his devilish smirk as he rubs his cheek to mine.

Spinning around in his arms, I tilt my head to the side and study his features. He enjoyed watching me bring an end to Angela. Leaning in, I graze my lips to his. It feels like we have been together for years, yet that fever, spark, and lust is as vibrant as our first night. Throwing my arms over those broad, masculine shoulders, he tugs on my towel and drops it to the floor. His hands softly run down the side of my body and over my ass, squeezing roughly. I jump, wrapping my legs around him. His mouth collides with mine as he blindly walks us out of the bathroom.

His cologne and warm lips send me into a trance. Hungrily savoring his kiss, I press my naked body against his clothed one. Setting me down on my feet, my frantic fingers fumble to undo his belt. The volcano within has erupted, sliding my hands in his pants' waistband. I'm eager to remove them. Gripping my wrist, he stops me from going further. Slowly sweeping my eyes up to meet his, I bite down on my bottom lip. "Hungry Asimina?" He's unable to hide the desire as my fingers graze over his erection.

"Very," my voice is barely above a whisper. My breathing is irregular. Removing my hands, he undoes his shirt and tosses it to the side. I can't help my traitors' eyes from slowly taking in every perfect inch of him. The tingling in my fingers has me unconsciously running them over his tattoo. It has my heart thundering whenever I glance at it. Bringing my lips to his left peck, I place a gentle kiss. He will never know how much that tribute means to me. Tangling his finger into my hair, he forces my head back, his lips brush mine. It's anything but tender, and I'm losing myself as he seduces each one of my senses. He never ceases to send my body into a feverish convulsion.