Chapter 18 - Emotions Run High

Asimina

Luciano's roaring voice has the glass doors shaking. He's engulfed with rage and heartbreak. Throwing his jacket off that chest of his vibrates, and a heat surfaces. He's yelling in Italian and speaking far too quickly for me to catch any of it. His feral state is terrifying, and I can now see where Raffaele gets his murderous traits. Like father, like son.

Bianca pushes Petro out of the way and leans over the sofa's side as a rush of vomit flows out of her mouth. She can't help but empty the contains of her stomach. That man didn't only rape her. He forced her to perform oral and swallow. Roberto is a couple of years older than her father, and he was her aunts' husband. This takes the repulsion she is feeling to a whole other level.

Nora runs to her daughter's side, pulling her into an embrace while Bianca cries hysterically. She's struggling to contain her anger, but the need to be mother overpowers, and she sits there, absorbing Bianca's anguish. All those taunting feelings have just resurfaced, and they are drowning her. Just when she thinks she has overcome her rape, more comes to light, and she's dragged back into the pits of hell.

I was lucky we caught the man responsible and ended him. I got my justice and was able to put it behind me and move on. For Bianca, it's not one man, and they all haven't been caught. Therefore, she can't put her rape behind her, not until each one of them is dead. She lives with the fear they will come for her, and she keeps reliving that moment.

Petro takes a seat next to her, Bianca flinches. Those memories have her recoiling: the shame returns. My cousin won't allow her to push him away. He grips the back of her neck and pulls her into his embrace, refusing to let go of her as she fights him. "You are not pushing me away," he shakes his head and reminds her, "I am your fiancé. I knew about all of this, and I still fell in love with you. I still want you!"

Forcing her to meet his eyes. He wipes her tears with his thumbs, "We caught another one. There's one more motherfucker left. This nightmare is almost over. I never want to see you hiding away or fighting me. I am here, and I am not leaving!"

"H-how could you want me," she stutters between sobs. "R-Rob," attempting to say his name, quickly has bile rushing into her mouth. She swallows it back down.

Bianca once more attempts to lower her eyes; my cousin's grip tightens and forces her to maintain eye contact, "Listen to me! What Roberto did is on him, not on you. I see you as nothing less than the beautiful woman you are—my woman, my lover, and soon to be my wife and one-day mother to my children. I love you, Bianca, and I will not allow you to see yourself as tainted. Do you understand?"

The tears haven't stopped running down her face; swallowing the lump in her throat, she meekly nods. Petro places a gentle kiss on her lips, and she visibly melts away to it. He is her everything, and she is his.

I admire him. I'm so fucking proud of him. He's showing her nothing can change what he feels for her. She relaxes in his hold and nuzzles her face into his chest. Sometimes you need to hear those words from the man you're in love with and see the truth in their eyes in order to believe it.

Nora stands to her feet and wipes her tears. Facing Raffaele, she venomously spits, "Where is that motherfucker?"

"In the cells back at the mansion. Zio Valentino and the boys are guarding him." Raffaele remarks.

Her features scrunch together her lip wobbles. "He touched my baby girl, Luciano. Our baby girl! That motherfucking piece of shit!" She screams, and her face redden.

Luciano's head snaps toward his wife. His whole body shakes uncontrollably. Narrowing his eyes at Nora, he sheds a few tears for his daughter. Grinding his teeth together, he glances at Bianca, and heartbreak consumes him. "Everyone will have a chance to inflict pain," Luciano promises. He takes several raging breathes between speaking.