Chapter 39 - Fear The Woman Standing Behind The Man

Asimina

Fluttering my eyes open, my mind slowly starts to come out of my sleeping state. The sound of the ventilator is a horrid reminder of all the events that took place. Turning to my side, I sit up, looking down at Raffaele. "Morning, Mr. Morelli." Placing a kiss on the side of his mouth, I hum. "I miss those dominant kisses. You know the ones that weaken my knees and have my core burning," I continue to talk to him. I feel like I'm losing my mind. My palm hovers over his tattoo as I plea, "I need you, Raffaele. I need you here with me now, not in a month, not even a week. I need you now!"

Blowing a breath, I stare at the heart monitor his beats increase. My stomach flutters at the idea he can hear me. Can he? Shaking my head, I crawl out of bed and rummage through the bag for clothes. Tommy will be knocking on that door soon, and I need to be ready. Sliding on my panties, my lips curl into a smile as I look over to Raffaele. That aggressive tug on them had me instantly excited. It's been a day, but it feels like weeks. How much I have changed sends a shiver through me. I no longer know who to be without him.

I will always be independent, and I will always be strong, but I no longer need to do things alone. It was hard, surrendering myself entirely, especially after been hurt, but I did. Now I don't want to do anything without him. Although situations have bought us to our knees, we stood proudly again, and together we have become stronger. I never thought loving this deeply and passionately was possible, yet here I am, craving a man more than life itself.

Pulling my t-shirt over my head, I run my fingers through my hair. They forgot to pack a brush. The knock at the door has me sliding my flats on as I awkwardly hop to open up. "Ready?" Tommy glances over my shoulder towards his brother.

I nod, even though he isn't paying attention to me. Sidestepping, he walks into the room. Rubbing the back of his neck, he questions, "How did you sleep?" He briefly glances toward me. "Stupid question," he shakes his head.

"Tommy," I evict the clog in my throat.

He flips the pizza box lid open, "You didn't eat?!" He states more than questions.

"I couldn't get anything down," I respond honestly. Food was the last thing on my mind. Last night I just needed to lay down next to him.

"Mina, my brother, will wake up, and he will bring hell to us all if he believes we haven't looked after you." Worried, he pinches the bridge on his nose, "he will shoot me, Stefano, and the rest of the boys if he finds out you haven't been eating or taking your pills."

I smile at his anxiety levels increasing. He's not kidding. He's genuinely concerned about what Raffaele will do to them. Giggling, I assure him, "I will as of today. Last night I was all over the place."

Nodding, he gestures me to head out, "I'll get you some breakfast on our way back."

Making my way to Raffaele, I place a kiss on the side of his mouth, "I will see you soon!" I mumble and head out the door.

Paul and Tommy's two assassins stand straight as I exit. Greeting all men, I smile at Paul. "Stefano?" I grip my bag.

"He went to pick up our father," Tommy advises.

Even though I'm confident Tommy has given the boys orders, I need to instruct, "Paul, go into that room, sit on the chair and wait for me to return." His eyes don't falter, "If he wakes up, you call me immediately. Understand?"

Smiling, he responds, "Understood!"

Mumbling a thank you, I focus on the other two men. "Let no one on this floor. In fact, anyone that is not part of Morelli's inner cycle, shoot them!"