Chapter 28 - These Rare Moments

Asimina

Last night was everything a bride could hope and imagine. The atmosphere was romantic and intimate. The food was amazing, never-ending, and the alcohol came in generous supply. I dance until my feet hurt and my shoes needed to come off. Surrounded by the people I love the most, I had my heart skipping several beats throughout the night. There was a time I stopped dreaming of a life with Raffaele. Hell, I never thought I would be close to my family again. I only dared and hoped my son, one day, would meet his father.

Those forgotten and shattered dreams became a reality. Each moment was perfection! There is nothing I would change or think could've been better. We finished the night at four in the morning. The Beast of a man was still very much full of energy; his intoxicated state hadn't slowed him down in the slightest. He insisted we consummated our marriage, and punishment was required for swaying my hips a little seductively. Those rough hands left a little stinging sensation, but I love those games. I shall always be disobedient. I giggle to myself, throwing a dress over my bikini, sliding on my sandals, picking up a towel. I head out to meet the others. It has taken me over an hour to get the rice out of my hair. Stepping outside, I notice Kat lying on the sand alone, soaking up the sun.

The men sit outside the hotel, on the lounge chairs, drinking coffee with a phone attached to their ear. I guess business can't wait. Tommy and Alex, on the other, are talking to a couple of local girls. Shaking my head at the stupid man, I turn my focus to Mia and Lia. My sister snaps away with her camera, taking pictures of Evie and Nathan as they build a sandcastle.

I miss my son, but I don't interrupt their moment. Instead, I head towards Kat.

"Hey, you," I grab her attention.

Lifting her hat off her face, she opens one eye to look at me. "Morning, Mrs. Morelli," she smiles sweetly.

I bite down on my lip at the sound of my new title. Straightening my towel, I lay on top of it belly down. Kat turns on her stomach as well and places the hat on her head. "How are you this morning?" She asks and wiggles her eyebrows, referring to the bridal night.

"Good. It was amazing!" I smile. My happiness radiates. I couldn't hide even if I wanted to. Clearing my throat, I question, "You?"

She tries to hide her saddens with her playful personality, but she has never been able to fool me. "Recovering," She yawns and takes a sip from her now hot frappe.

The waiter walks over to us and hands us a couple of fresh coffees while we lay on the sandy beach. My eyes travel over to Raffaele, sitting on a lounge chair in shorts and shirtless. That chest and those hard abs are on full display. His right hand sits behind his head. That tattoo on his left peck is on show. He wears it proudly.

Shooting me a smile, I raise my coffee, thanking him.

"How sweet, he orders his wife's coffee. I wonder how long that will last?" She sarcastically snorts. She has lost all faith in men.

"He ordered one for you as well," I make a point to her.

Sliding her shades on, she glances towards Tommy before lying down and resting her head on her arms.

"The sun is amazing; the sound of the ocean is so relaxing. I could live here," She mumbles.

"It's beautiful," I agree.

Taking a sip of my iced coffee, I spark conversation, "So, what happened with that guy last night. Elias, was it?"

During the wedding event, the owner of the tavern was intrigued by her. He played the bouzouki while she danced, and he spent most of the night hovering over her. It was kind of sweet, and positive attention was needed.