ℂ𝕙. 𝟙𝟚: 𝕀𝕥 ℂ𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝔹𝕖!

I had history class after lunch break and that's where I was right now. Even though every student was requested to go to their usual classes, no one could focus because of the news that they just heard.

First of all, Taehyung was loved by all. Second of all, it wasn't a simple death and he was murdered. Everyone was wondering what a person could possibly have against him. Even I was trying to figure that out.

The police were in the school office. They were calling all the students one by one from their classes to question them about whatever they knew about Taehyung.

When they called for me I decided I'd just tell them the truth. What happened between me and him couldn't possibly be linked to the murder.

Little did I know........

As I was walking out from the classroom to go towards the office, someone caught my wrist. I turned around to look at the person and it was Jungkook.

"Jungkook, what are doing here? Don't you have any class?"

"I skipped class."

"Why?"

"Cuz I have to talk to you before you're questioned by the police."

Jungkook took a deep breath and started again. "You can't tell them about what happened outside the club last night." He looked directly into my eyes.

"What? Why not?" I had a surprised expression on my face.

"Because........because if you tell them, they might think I'm responsible for his death because I beat him up. But you trust me right?" His eyes could clearly tell me that he was unsure if I thought it was him.

"Of course I trust you, Jungkook. I've known you long enough to know you won't lie to me." I tried to search his eyes for dishonesty but I couldn't find any.

I was blind.

"But what if they find your fingerprints on him?" I asked concerned.

"They won't. I was wearing gloves."

"What if there was a witness?"

"They probably didn't see my face. And if they saw you, you can just tell the police you forgot everything."

"Okay. I've gotta go now. Or else they'll suspect me for being late. Bye, Jungkook. And don't worry about it anymore."

"Thank you so much, Y/n. Bye!"

I knocked on the door to the principal's office before entering. Instead of the principal I saw a police officer sitting on his chair and another cop standing beside the chair where I was supposed to sit on.

I pulled the chair out and sat down. The cop in front of me had a pen and paper and was writing something. He talked without moving his eyes away from the paper.

"Name?"

"Y/n. Choi Y/n."

"Choi?" He lifted his eyes towards me.

I nodded my head in reply. He went back to writing again.

"Did you know Kim Taehyung?"

"Yes. We were good friends. And.....recently we went out on a date."

"So you guys were in a relationship?"

"Not really. It was just one date. And last night I told him that I don't want to date him because I don't have feelings for him." I tried to speak as truthfully as possible.

"What was his reaction to it?"

"He wasn't happy about it and didn't want to accept it. He also got mad and yelled at me. I think the reason behind his outburst of anger was him being drunk."

"So he got drunk last night." The cop took note of it.

"And you had no interaction with him after that?"

"No I didn't." I lied.

"Okay. You can go now Ms Choi. But be aware that we might contact you if we want to ask you any more questions."

"That's okay. I don't have a problem with that." I stood up and shook hands with him before leaving the office.