ℂ𝕙. 𝟙𝟛: ℍ𝕖'𝕤 𝕀𝕟𝕟𝕠𝕔𝕖𝕟𝕥

"So how did it go?" I heard Jungkook's voice from behind me.

"We were worried for nothing. I don't think the cops suspected anything at all."

"Good." Jungkook gave a sigh of relief.

"We have only one more class left. And then I'll see you at the rooftop?"

"About that.......I'm actually a bit busy today. So I won't be able to come. Sorry."

"It's okay. I understand. I'll go to class now. Bye!"

We waved goodbye at each other and went our separate ways.

It had been a few weeks since Taehyung's murder. The police were still investigating but they couldn't identify the killer. The police said his dead body was found in an alleyway beside the club that we went to that night. But they didn't enclose any information about how he was murdered.

On the other hand, the students of my school seeked justice for Taehyung. Even though I hated Taehyung the last time I saw him, I still didn't think he really deserved to die.

After Taehyung's death, Jimin started being really quiet. He wouldn't talk to any one at all. Me, Hwasa and Wheein tried to cheer him up but nothing seemed to work.

He was just really sad and upset about losing his best friend.

It was P.E. class and we were all outside at the football field. Some students were playing while others were waiting for their turn. I saw Jimin sitting at a corner. So I went to sit down beside him.

"Hey Jimin. How are you doing?"

He didn't answer me and kept staring into nothing. I sighed heavily and looked down at my feet.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Jimin suddenly said without moving at all.

My head shot up. "What?"

"Why didn't you tell the police what Taehyung tried to do to you?"

How does he know?

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb with me, Y/n. I know everything. Everything."

I raised my eyebrows.

"I was there when Taehyung pinned you down. I wanted to go and pull him away. But Jungkook reached you before me."

"Then I'm sure you also know that Jungkook just beat him up and nothing more than that happened. Jungkook is innocent."

"If Jungkook is innocent, then you shouldn't have to worry about telling the truth." He started getting frustrated.

"I just don't want him to be caught in any kind of mess because of me. Also, his death has nothing to do with the incident between me, Taehyung and Jungkook."

"How are you so sure about that?" His eyes finally met mine. I could see his eyes glistening with tears.

I felt heartbroken seeing him like this.

"Why even would it be related?"

"Maybe Jungkook really likes you. And he was super mad at Taehyung for trying something with you. One thing could've led to another and-"

"Stop. You're not trying to tell me what I think you are." I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"What if Jungkook was the killer, Y/n? You just defended a murderer."

"Jungkook didn't do it. He's not that sick to go as far as killing someone."

Jimin scoffed. "You have no idea what he's like. I'm guessing no one ever told you how his parents died and why he's always alone at the rooftop and no one goes there. Am I right?"

"What does that have to do with anything? I don't get it."

"Whatever. It's my turn to play now. I gotta go." Jimin stood up.

"Jimin wait. You can't just leave me hanging here. What did you mean by all that?" I grabbed Jimin's shoulder before he could walk away.

"Figure it out yourself." Jimin patted my shoulder and gave a fake smile before leaving me alone there dumbfounded.