ℂ𝕙. 𝟚𝟜: 𝔸𝕝𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕪 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖

"Both my parents were werewolves and we three were a really happy family. But one day everything just went wrong in a blink of an eye." Jungkook took a deep breath before continuing.

"It was when I was only 11 years old. There are also other packs around this town and some of their leaders were rivals to my father. One day, one of those leaders declared war against our pack. Our pack was really strong. It was even stronger than the rival pack. So everyone was really confident and we thought we could defeat them easily. But father knew that the rival wouldn't be this stupid. He tried to figure out why the rival would want war. But before he could find out what it was, it was already too late." He took a long pause.

"My mother and I were kidnapped by the rival. He threatened to kill us if my father wouldn't give up his leadership and his life to him. But because my mother was brave and really smart, she escaped with me and a few of the guards of the rival were chasing us. Our school building was close. So mother tried to hide me and herself in the building. But I knocked over a chair. Since werewolves have great hearing sense, they heard me. Mother didn't have any other way to escape so she ran up to the rooftop with me in her arms. I was crying so much the guards could hear me and followed us to the rooftop." I could tell Jungkook was feeling the exact pain he was feeling then because of how his hand around me was trembling.

"Mother looked at me with tears in her eyes and a faint smile on her lips. She kissed my cheek. Then she turned around towards the guards and pushed me behind her. She transformed into her wolf form and started fighting against the guards."

Jungkook buried his face in the crook of my neck. When he started speaking again his voice was a bit muffled. But I could still make out his words.

"But she was outnumbered. So she lost. When her body was weak and limp, one of the guards pushed her off of the rooftop. That was the final hit she could take before she- she-" Jungkook couldn't continue the sentence anymore.

"Father eventually found me when those guards were about to kill me as well. He fought off the guards and saved me." I could feel something wet on my shoulder. I realized it was Jungkook's tears.

"My parents were part of the school authority. After mother died, her and father's human colleagues were told she committed suicide. But someone spread around a rumor that I pushed her off. Everyone asked me if it was true. I told them it's a lie, but I couldn't deny the fact that I was there with her when it happened. Some people decided to believe the rumor. That's why the students in our school don't go to the rooftop when I'm there because they think I'm gonna push them off or something." Jungkook sighed.

"My mother gave up her life to protect me. She died because of me. Father was really depressed after the death and he fell really sick. He also died because of me. Both of them died because of me. Ever since their deaths, I've blamed myself for it. If only I wasn't so weak. If only I wasn't so vulnerable. If only I didn't make noises to attract the guards. If only I..."

"Jungkook stop. That's enough. You seriously cannot blame yourself. You were so young. Look at the person you've grown into now and still growing. I bet your mother is really proud of you. She sounds like a really sweet and kind woman." I said giving him a reassuring smile.

Jungkook hugged me even more tightly and I could still feel his tears on my shoulder. I stretched out my hand and rubbed his back in a comforting motion. At one point we both fell asleep in each other's arms.