Chapter 2

I refuse to cry. I will not waste my tears on that cocky son a bitch that I'm going to marry.

A famous singer. 

Of all the people in the world, it had to be Shawn. The one person I truly despise. 

He lies to all his fans, keeps a good persona in front of everyone else. But when you know him, he's nothing like what he appears to be. 

He's rude, self conceited, arrogant, and smug. He's done disgusting things like using women and smoking weed.

I've seen it with my own eyes. (The weed thing, not him having sex, gross) I don't want to see him ever again, let alone be tied to him for five years.

But I have to see that person, practically every day for 5 years. God, luck is not on my side.

I have to pick out a dress. A wedding dress. In one day!

I have 2 weeks. Two weeks until I'm shipped over to Shawn's house to be his slave for 5 years.

Why? So my father could promote his agency better.

He cares about his work more than me.  Somehow, I already knew that. But it still stings to know the truth.

I haven't even thought about my wedding. But I've hoped, as sappy as it sounds, that it was with someone I loved.

I might have given it a thought once or twice with my first (and last) boyfriend, but it was quickly dismissed.

A dress. At least I'm able to choose one thing that happens at my own wedding.

I drive to the bridal store a few minutes away from home.

"Welcome! How can I help you?" A cheerful lady greeted me and I smiled at her.

"Oh, I'm looking for a wedding dress," I tell her. Her smile widens, "For you? Right this way," she leads me down a corridor and into a room full of white wedding dresses of all shapes and sizes.

"What style are you looking for? We have many different styles here, and if you don't like a certain item on the dress we can alter it for you. What is the price range we are looking at here?"

"Oh, there really isn't a price range. Go big or go home right?" I laughed and she nodded with a smile.

"Wonderful! How soon is the wedding, so we can arrange accordingly?" She walks over to the racks of dresses and I follow.

"In two weeks." 

She lets out a small gasp, "Oh my, okay, tell me if you like anything here, the adjacent room is all the high end things, so feel free to pick out whatever your heart desires."

I nod, and she leaves me be. 

Knowing my dad, he would want an expensive dress, especially since the media is here. I walk over to the adjacent room and internally gawk at the beauty of all the dresses.

My eyes were immediately pulled towards the dress at the center of the room.

The dress flowed to the bottom of the floor, leaving a short train. The top was fitted to the top of the waist, with two thick straps of white lace.

The front was a low v-neck, but not too low that it would cause gossip among media.

It was a light champagne color, which was untraditional. My dad would frown upon it, but that's why I loved it. 

It was different. It was perfect.

I check the price tag- 7,400 dollars. I want it.

"Could I try this on please?" She smiles as she leaves the room, coming back with the dress in hand.

She leads me to the fitting room and I try it on. I stared at the reflection in the mirror.

The girl in front of me looked- pretty enough. Her dark brown, almost black hair fell past her shoulders, and the dress showed her curves and hugged her waist perfectly.

"Thank you, have a great day," the cashier spoke and I smiled and nodded, holding the dress carefully in the bag.

I felt a notification on my phone and I checked it at the stoplight. "We are meeting the family today. Dress nice, we are leaving at 5 pm."

5 pm? It's already 4! I drove home and set the wedding dress carefully in my large closet.

I reluctantly looked for an outfit to wear tonight, but only because I knew there was no way to get out of this. I was getting married to a person I despised, and I didn't have a say whatsoever.

I picked out a simple black turtleneck with a plaid black and white skirt and knee high boots. Being a model means I have way too many outfits for my own good.

I never wanted to be a model. Another one of the many things I was forced to do by my father.

Seriously, what's new?

I probably should have expected he would pull shit like this on me…

"You look lovely dear, now let's go," he hurries me into the limousine. Talk about unnecessary items.

I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this one bit.