Chapter 3

Sorry, kind of a short chapter! I try for you all ❤

Shawn's mother opened the door, a polite smile on her face, "Welcome!"

I smiled at her as well. She was a pretty woman, and she definitely looked younger than her supposed age, her blueish gray eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

For some reason, she didn't look as happy as she should for her son.

"You look wonderful my dear," she exclaims to me and I give her a polite thank you.

I just feel so out of place here.

My dad and Manuel exchanged bro handshakes like the bestest of friends. Shawn was not present at the table, but there was a younger teen, around 15 years old, sitting at the table. 

I sat directly in front of the vacant chair.

"Oh, Amber, this is Shawn's younger sister Aaliyah," Karen introduces me to the quiet girl.

I smile at her and wave, "It's nice to meet you." She smiles back at me, not saying anything.

"Oh honey, could you call Shawn downstairs for me?" Karen asks Aaliyah and she silently slips away from the table to call her brother.

Shawn really had the nerve to be late to his own dinner gathering? He is so full of himself.

A few minutes later, Aaliyah returns with Shawn walking behind her. His hair was curly and wet, as if he had just taken a shower, and he had put on a black v-neck tee and some black skinny jeans with a Gucci belt.

I internally rolled my eyes. He always unnecessarily extravagant.

We made eye contact with one another, but his eyes were cold and uninviting, so the polite smile slipped from my lips.

Manuel made a signal, and the chefs entered, placing the dishes on the long table in front of us.

We all ate quietly, while Karen tried to make light conversation with me. She seemed to be the kindest person amongst all so far. And Aaliyah was quiet. Very quiet. She didn't say a word.

"So, dear, have you picked out the wedding dress? I'll have to admit, this wedding is not very traditional, and I certainly didn't approve of the way, but after Shawn-" 

Karen was interrupted by Shawn's stern voice, "Mom." Shawn's voice was demanding and harsh, and I couldn't believe he spoke like that to his mother, especially when guests were there.

Turns out he was worse than I thought, if that is even possible.

"Yes, I have picked a wedding dress," I say, trying to ease some of the visible tension present on the table.

"So..Amber, how's life as a model?" Manuel asks me.

Well, I hate it.
I wish I could answer like that..

"Oh, you know, as always," I answer, uninterested with this topic.

"You're a model?" Shawn asks, a sort of judgemental tone present in his voice.

I felt his scrutinizing gaze on my body and I squirmed uncomfortably. 

"Yeah," I spoke dishearteningly. He opened his mouth to say a smart aleck comment, but his eyes darted towards his sister and he closed his mouth.

We finished dinner and entered the living room.

"Oh, why don't Shawn and you go upstairs and get to know each other better?" Karen says, but her question was more of a command to Shawn, as he mumbled something incoherent and trudged up the stairs.

I followed hesitantly.

He stopped in front of a door and opened it, for me to walk in, quickly closing the door behind me.

"Listen here Amanda, I do not want to get married to you. I'm sorry if you really wanted to, but this is not what I want. And you think you can just waltz in here, tell your rich daddy to make me marry you, then you've got it all wrong," he spoke shaking his head at me.

I felt anger rising inside of me. How dare he speak to me this way.

As if I wanted to marry him at all!

"First of all, my name is Amber. Second of all, you think I want to get married to you?" I laugh in his face.

"Why the hell would I want to? You are a rude, obnoxious guy who doesn't care about anyone but himself. You just want other people to listen to you all the time, and I do not want to be your slave."

"And it wasn't even my 'rich daddy' who did this. Your father was part of the deal as well. Can't believe he didn't tell you shit. What's it like, being left out and in the dark about your future? Boo-hoo. Mr. Famous didn't get what he wanted for the first time. He's going to throw a tantrum."

I jabbed him with a low blow verbally, and his face turned red out of anger.

He stepped forward and grabbing my wrist harshly.

"Bitch. You don't know who you are messing with. Stay out of shit, and stay out of my life, or I'll make you regret it. And that's a promise," he growls, releasing my hand and storming downstairs.

That was a low blow, even for me.  Why do I regret what I said? I shouldn't. Not when it comes to him.

He called me Amanda. Fricking Amanda! Watch his slip up on one of his stupid interviews and call me Amanda again. The internet is going to go wild.

I took this time to get a good look at his room. It was neutral colored, with the walls painted gray and white furniture pieces. 

It was surprisingly organized for a boy's room.

There was a gorgeous leather book left open on his desk, and I felt a slight urge to read it.

But I won't. He could be the most annoying, most horrible person on this earth, but I could never disrespect his privacy like that.

It's just wrong.

Just like this wedding that's going to happen. Everythingis going to go off the rails.