Chapter 12

Tysm for all these reads! 💖

Amber P.O.V.

I slipped into my dress and did light makeup, decided to let my long, brown hair the way it is. 

I had no place to put my phone, so I grabbed a sparkly grey bag that conveniently matched the color of Shawn's shirt. 

Matching couple

Matching couple. How cliche.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. Shawn looked up and our eyes met.

He looked painstakingly gorgeous without even trying. His silver sequin shirt looked like it had been perfectly tailored to every inch. His pants hugged his waist,  accentuating the gray silver in his shirt. Part of his hair had been gelled, making his curls more tame than usual.

 Part of his hair had been gelled, making his curls more tame than usual

"Hey," he spoke, his voice unusually soft, "You look great." He offers his hand and my eyes dart to it hesitantly.

"Thanks, you too," I say, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly as I take his hand, which felt warm and comforting.

What is this for again?" I ask as I got out of the car, with Shawn helping me out. "I have no idea," he smiles as we walk into the fancy house, trying our best to ignore the cameras and the shouting for our attention.

"Don't wander too far. Some people here aren't exactly good," he warns. I rolled my eyes, answering sarcastically, "That's great coming from you." 

He remains tight lipped at my comment. Great. I upset him.

"Can I drink?" I asked him and he nods, "Yeah, but I'm not." I didn't understand but didn't want to piss him off further.

He was greeted by loads of people, most of them I didn't even recognize, as the house was poorly lit. The only reason I didn't get lost was because I clutched onto Shawn's hand like my life depended on it. 

He dragged me between hundreds of people until we reached the front of the bar. He handed the bartender a 100 dollar bill and told him to give me as many as I want. 

Before I could ask, his face shone when he saw a familiar face. He retreated and I let out a "Wai-" but he was already gone. 

I sat at the front of the bar, sipping on my 5th drink. I gulped down the contents, and someone slid a glass over at me. I turned, my vision slightly blurry.