Chapter 27

There is the studio!
Long, adorable chapter :))

***

I woke up sluggishly, wincing as someone rolled up the blinds, "Rise and shine!"

I groaned, trying to hide under the covers, "It's too early to be up."

"Not a morning person eh?" Shawn chuckles softly, prying the covers off of me and shooing me off the bed.

"Since when have you been a morning person?" I asked, clearly remembering him hating mornings.

"Well now I have something in life to look forward to," he smiles, with a not so subtle wink, "Call it a change of heart."

I scoffed playfully, "What's made you such a flirt today?" He gives me a knowing smirk, "Wouldn't you like to know." 

What's up with him? "Did you hit your head on the wall or something? Who are you?" I joked, and he cracked a smile.

"Any plans today?" I asked, finally finding myself getting off the comfortable bed. He shrugs, "Probably gonna work on some music in the studio room."

I nodded, heading to the bathroom to freshen up, "Have fun, tell Andrew I said hi."

"No not that studio, the studio room in my apartment." I turned around abruptly, "You have a studio room here!!! You never told me that!"

He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, "This apartment was designed for a singer."

"Can I see?" I asked, feeling curious because I've never actually seen the inside of a studio or how people record music.  He nodded, "Sure, come on."

I shoved my hair into a lazy bun on top of my head, not really caring how it looked. I followed him down the hallway and he entered a room. What I didn't know was that this room led to another room- the recording room?

"I didn't even know this door led to another room, I just thought it was a closet or something," I admitted shyly, making him grin. 

"It's nothing much, just I like to record little samples and practice here. Occasionally, I release songs here, but mostly I go to the official studio. This is just for convenience," he explains to me, and i nodx pretending to understand.

"Show me something," I say, my eyes scanning the dozens of awards lining the wall and the ones in the glass case. He motions for me to sit in front of this large keyboard type thing.

"What do I do?" I asked questioningly, feeling confused. "Nothing, just sit. I'll be behind the glass part right here. You'll be able to hear me with these on," he places a set of headphones on me, "But I won't be able to hear you okay?"

I nodded, processing the information. "Shouldn't I pull up the background music or something?" He nods, pulling up an instrumental file on the large computer.

He places his right hand over mine and I shiver at the touch- "And when the chorus starts to hit," he moves my hand to this slider on the keyboard, "Slowly bring this up to create effect. It doesn't have to be perfect, don't worry."

He removes his hand and steps into the small glass room, sliding the door shut. He gives me a thumbs up, so I start the background music.

I couldn't peel my eyes off of him. He held the standing microphone and started to sing. He maintained eye contact with me the entire time.

I know a girl, she's like a curse
We want each other, no one will break first
So many nights, trying to find someone new
They don't mean nothing compared to her, and I know