Chapter 31

Guys... 🥺😔

Shawn P.O.V.

She hasn't said a word to me. I looked at her figure through the rearview mirror. She won't even look at me. When I do stand in front of her, it's like she is looking through me, like I'm the ghost.

I know it must have been traumatic, but nothing like this.

Heck, I could even notice a change in appearance within myself. My eyes were more dull now- the news had hit me hard, but Amber harder.

What we need to do now, more than ever, is to stick together.

"Come on, let's go home," I opened the door for her, but she just sat there, staring at the same spot she had been for 30 minutes. "Alright, uppity," I send a small smile, which she doesn't even notice, as I carry her to our penthouse.

"How about this, you take a nice, relaxing bath while I go cook us some breakfast, okay?" I turn her face to look at me.

She blinks blankly. I start to feel desperate, for any sort of reaction- can she hear me at all?

"Hey, I'll fill the bathtub for you okay, stay here," I go into the bathroom and fill it about ¾ of the way, adding the fancy bubbles she had bought like 2 months ago.

I came back to the bedroom to find that she had taken off the hoodie I had given her and just held in her hands, looking at it confusingly. It's as if she didn't recognize it.

"Go take a nice bath, hun," I lead her into the bathroom and then close the door. What's her favorite meal? I'll make that for breakfast.

I took off my hoodie, as it was warm inside, and just put on a plain black tee, keepin on the black jeans.

I made a stack of pancakes for her, and then checked the time, placing them on a plate and turning off the stove.

It's been 30 minutes, maybe I should check on her. Hopefully she's doing better.

I'm still confused as to how I am still working. I guess I haven't completely comprehended the news yet. I can't comprehend it now, because if i do, I'll break down, and then who will take care of Amber?

Realizing I hadn't even taken off my shoes, I slipped them off and put them on the shoe rack, walking to the bathroom.

"Amber?" I asked softly, slowly creaking the door open. She didn't even bother to lock it.

She was just sitting in the bathtub with her clothes on, knees pressed to her chest.

The news broke her. She's broken.

"What are you doing Am?" Silence filled the air, as expected. I didn't think she would answer me. I don't even know if she is listening to me at all. She's lost in the pain- I know how that feels. I know how to help.

I sit behind her in the tub, clothes and all. I could care less about the $700 pants I'm wearing- I have like 20 pairs of it. What I care about, is her.

I encircled my arms around her waist, her back pressed against my chest. "It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay."

I caressed her damp hair which clung to her face.

"It doesn't mean we can't try again. We can try again, how many times you want. It's not your fault, you did nothing wrong.

I know it's devastating, but you can't keep going like this. It breaks my heart. Don't do this to me.

You know, sometimes things happen in life, but we have to move on. We're okay," my voice starts waivering at the end.

I can't even convince myself, so how can I convince her?