Chapter 45

This story is almost done you guysss :,(

Enjoy the last few chapters

Btw this is a continuation of chapter 43, so if you forgot how that ended, please go backs so you won't get confused 

Shawn P.O.V.

"I- I can never say the right things," I look away, now feeling ashamed, "I can never really be the person you want me to be, the person you need-"

"Hey, shush," Amber shakes her head, "don't be stupid. You are the right person for me. I want you okay? Sure you have your imperfections, but everyone does."

She paused.

"I noticed something about you. When you put your mind to something, you will accomplish it. If you really want to tell me something, I know you can. You put your feelings into words so beautifully in your songs that I know you can. It's just a feeling that you have. All this other stuff can wait. Stop being insecure, you have nothing to be insecure about."

"I know you. On the outside and the inside. I know that if I give you some time alone, you can figure it all out with that genius mind of yours. And whatever you find out, you don't need to tell me. You just need to know where your heart and mind stands amidst everything. That's all that really matters."

She can't possibly be real.

This is how I imagined it would go in my head when I told her, but I always dismissed it as false and unrealistic.

I pinched myself.

Nope. Definitely real. Thank god, I kinda thought she would freak out like earlier.

"Really?"

She nodded in confirmation, a small smile appearing on her face.

Her effortless beauty caused me to smile, just a little bit. What can I say, she has that effect on me.

"You don't believe in yourself enough, Shawn. You always put yourself down, and I hate it. You are good enough. You are more than good enough, heck you are incredible! More than 50 million people know it but you still won't believe it!"

Amber shakes her head, and I give her a small, knowing smile. We both know she's right.

She surprises me by wrapping her hands around the base of my neck, only inches away from my lips. 

I pulled her body close, until she sat atop of me, facing me directly. I let her talk.

I realised that I'm good at listening and she's good at talking.

"You've got rough edges, but- as cliche as it sounds- It makes you the person that you are. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't change all the fights we had, all the crazy misunderstandings and hurt we went through because of each other. Believe it or not- I need you and all your crazy, impulsive, unpredictable behavior. It keeps me sane," she laughed.

It was so nice to see her happy and laughing- and to think that it was because of me! Well, that made my chest swell with happiness.

"You can put your emotions into words Shawn. Sure other people often tell you what to say, especially when you post on social media, but think about all those meet-and-greets, all those backstage encounters with your fans. You said your feelings, you answered their questions according to your beliefs and values. No one else's. "

She put things into perspective right away. Goddamnit, she is so right. I really did that.

Sometimes you don't realize the things you have done until someone else points them out for you.