Chapter 37

I thought about the offer the entire ride home from another photoshoot. I was excited, to say the least. 

Sure I was a model, and had a pretty generous following, but nothing I got was like this offer. Maybe because I was married to the heartthrob of the decade that they asked me for this. 

That did tick me off just a little- people were kissing my feet just because of my relation to him. Heck, it bothered me a lot. But I didn't want to sound like a whiny bitch and complain about all the faulty opportunities.

It was still on my mind when I unlocked the front door. I still had to ask for Shawn's approval- but that shouldn't be too hard. He doesn't really meddle much with my modeling career; mostly because he really doesn't understand or care enough about it to ask.

"Where have you been?" His voice was stern as his hair was completely disheveled from..stress? I shrugged-he usually doesn't ask but okay- "The usual," I say, shrugging off the clothes I had on.

It was a bit short, as it was for my photoshoot, but I had been too lazy to change back into my regular outfit after I was done.

"What the fuck are you wearing," his eyes turned into small slits as the small skirt I had worn lifted up slightly as I removed my shoes, now only wearing a small crop top and skirt that reached to the middle of my thighs.

"Who were you with, dressed like this," his voice a low, throaty growl as he threw me against the wall.

I wasn't frightened. With his temper, I was used to being approached like this all the time. Trust me, I didn't even wince.

"Oh you know, I was just doing my job," I say the last words slowly, drawing them out to prove a point. He froze for a second before recollecting himself.

"Well, you can't go out dressing like that, you're barely wearing anything. The media is going to be all over you," he tried to make an excuse, but his arms stayed beside me, caging my way out of this conversation.

"That's not the reason it bothered you," I say knowingly, a smug expression on my face. 

He looked slightly irritated that I had caught him, "Okay fine. I don't like the way men look at you when you're in that."

His hot breath fanned my neck, and I find myself feeling suddenly parched, my mouth dry.

"I can wear what I want. Why should I have to cover when men can't control themselves? Anyway, I won't have to worry because my big, bad, very jealous husband will certainly punch any man who looks my way," I winked at him.

I know him too well.

"Damn right I will. I don't like to share," his hands roamed up my leg. "Just one little pull and," his hands grazed my thigh and tugged it firmly, "you're practically naked." 

Sure enough, the flimsy clothing pooled at my feet instantly,  as if obeying his command.

"You would think that paying so much would make it a little harder to take off," his voice deep, eyes dark and clouded with lust.

But we couldn't do this right now. We do this all the time, and recently it was getting harder to function on a relationship that only revolves around sex. 

It's not that I didn't like it- Shawn made it unique and different every time that I never got tired of it, but… I just miss having actual conversations sometimes. 

We are too busy and have different schedules, only making us able to meet at night, and sometimes even that. 

Most of our nights are filled with an exchange of passion and love.