Chapter 46

Next chapter will be the epilogue!

Tysm for all your support on this book :)

***

"On the contrary," I pulled her so we both stood atop the fresh grass.

I got down on one knee and pulled out a small box, slowly lifting the lid to look up at her.

I thought about my stupid prepared speech and ditched it all together. I want to speak from the heart.

"I know what you are thinking- 'Shawn, don't be stupid, we're already married.' I know we are by signature, but not by heart. I- I want to be bound to you, not just by a contract, but through emotions and real love. To me, a real marriage is based on love. Let's pretend that this fake marriage never existed. It's just you and me against the world. How does that sound?"

She laughed at my stupid little speech, a few stray tears escaping her eyes that she quickly wiped away.

"A little ironic that I told you how I'm not good with words and am giving you a long-ass speech," I chuckled," Oh shit, I'm not supposed to curse in a proposal." 

Realization dawned that I was ruining everything, but i just laughed it off.

"You and me against the world, sounds incredibly perfect, of course," her eyes glittered as the sun shone against our backs. 

The heat was warm but not unpleasant.

She pulled me from the position of being on my knees and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

She kissed me so hard I almost dropped the 24-carat diamond ring which was still in the box.

"I love you," she rested her forehead on mine, our clothes slightly blowing with the light breeze.

Those three words made my breathing waiver and I just loved the way it rolled off her tongue. Sometimes I forget that she loves me.

"And I, love you," I stared right into her big, beautiful brown eyes as I slid the ring onto her finger, which already had the other 'wedding ring' on it.

"I don't think we need this one now," I took off the old ring and put on the new one I had bought for her.

"Shawn, I- thank you for all this, but there was really no need, I mean, I already have a ring, and it's great, and it's beautiful, I don't need another one," she argues, but still doesn't stop me from taking off the other ring.

Funny, Am. You're not stopping me… Actions speak louder than words.

"You don't like it?" I was genuinely afraid of that. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for a big, bold, 'you can't take your eyes off it' diamond on it. "I got it custom made for you, but we can go right now and switch it out."

She chuckles, shaking her head with a smile, "Boy, you worry too much. It's extravagantly gorgeous, and you always go over the top with everything that you do for me, I'm getting so spoiled."

My face immediately brightened at her compliment, and I held her just a little tighter in my arms.

"Does this mean we are going to get married all over again?" She laughed at her own question.

I raised an eyebrow, "I meannn… We could if you wanted too. " I shrugged at her appalled state of shock.

"I was only joking, you idiot. Let's go home before you make any more of your crazy plans," she suggested, and I couldn't agree more.

"Okay, but actually, how much time did you spend planning this?" She smiled, a teasing tone in her voice.

I gave her a sly smile and a shrug, "The idea was hanging in the back of my mind for months, I just felt like now was a right time."