Chapter 5

Shawn's penthouse^^

I'm putting so much effort into this story for you guys 🥺❤

I can't sleep. I tossed and turned, but I just couldn't. I could only hear Shawn's steady breathing on the other side of the bed.

I removed the covers on me and got up.

It felt weird sharing the same bed with someone I hate.

He looked peaceful and innocent in his sleep, his pure skin shining and his curly hair a natural mess.

He even looked..cute.
Nevermind. Forget I thought that. Yikes.

He was so tired that he had slept still wearing a shirt and some black skinny jeans. I, however, had changed into a t-shirt and some sweatpants. Fortunately, my father had arranged for someone to bring my clothes here.

I stopped in my tracks for a moment and looked back at him. He was shivering slightly. I took the blanket that was on my side and put it on him.

I closed the door behind me, mentally making a note to remember where it was. This penthouse was too big.

It led right to the living room, which was stunning. About a dozen glass panels were placed so that there was an entire wall of glass where you could see the whole city of Toronto.

It was beautiful.

I walked through the enormous kitchen, admiring the beauty of it all. Shawn said his mother decorated it. Wow. Just wow.

Something caught the corner of my eye. There was a sliding glass door that I unlocked. As soon as I stepped outside, I let out an audible gasp.

There was a fairly large, rectangular pool that had lights surrounding it. To the far end,  there a cozy, hanging chair with fairy lights that overlooked the city. You could even see the silhouette of the CN tower.

I hesitantly sat on the hanging chair, staring the the city sky.

This is going to be my life now. A wife. This large penthouse. A husband.

I wonder how he'll treat me. I've tried to be kind.. When we kissed, I saw something in his eyes… I don't know how to explain it. 

It was beautiful. But then he turned cold again,  his sharp jawline clenching.

"Why are you up?" A voice asks, and I practically jump out of my seat. "I could say the same to you," I say, turning to him, a small smile on my face.

He looks..tired. Too tired to put up a wall.

He walks and sits down next to me, facing the city as well."Couldn't sleep?" He asks, and I simply nod. "What about you?"He looks away, "Nightmare," he spoke curtly, not wanting to elaborate.

I inched closer to him hesitantly. He's never acted this way before, so I was nervous about his unusually kind behavior.

My right leg touched his left, but he didn't seem to mind. He was lost in thought.

"Shawn?" I ask softly, slightly afraid. he hummed in response, letting me know he was listening.

"I'm sorry."

He snaps his head towards me, looking confused.

"For lashing out on you like that. It was wrong of me. I was...angry," I admitted awkwardly. He just stared at me, not saying anything.

His eyes seemed lighter for a split second, but then they turned dark and he looked away from me, clenching his jaw.

He looked angry at me?