Chapter 13

That's what Tyler looks like 🌚^^^

***

"Heyy," I smile at Melissa through the video call, waving. She smiles back at me, "What's going on? We haven't talked in like foreverrr."

I laughed at her, "This hangover is horrible," I complain with a smile, as I notice her lips curve into a smirk. "What happened? Tell me everything," she sings, making me smile.

"Well...Shawn and I went to this cocktail party and I got crazy drunk," I smile, and she raises an eyebrow, "And?" 

I groaned, "Anddd he practically abandoned me so I just kept drinking, then he took me home."

She shakes her head, "I know that's not the whole story, come onnn Ammm. Did you guys fuck?" 

I scrunched my nose up in disgust, "Ewww Mel no wayy!! Why don't you believe me when I say nothing happened?!" 

She smirks, "Because I know you. Now come on, just tell me."

I sighed heavily, "He kissed me."

She squeals and I tell her to quiet down. "Chill Mel..besides, it's not the first time," I look down, feeling somewhat shy. 

I don't like sharing personal things with anyone. Then again, Mel isn't just anyone.

"What do you mean it's not the first time?" She asks me questioningly.

"Well he was upset about his dad, and he was smoking in the balcony," I started, reminiscing the moment,"And I just said some things, and he kissed me," I shrugged like it didn't matter.

"Sissss how are you not freaking out right now? It's Shawn Freaking Mendes!!!"

I sighed, "Yeah, well he's not as great as people make him seem. I'm just tired of this already. He obviously doesn't like me that way, so maybe can we not talk about it," I groaned, putting a pillow over my face.

She nodded, "Sure." I shrugged it off, taking off the pillow, "What's up with you?"

She smiled. Oooh I know that smile. "Who's the guy!!" I urged her on, genuinely curious.

"You know that super cute guy who talked to me in the coffee shop? Well...he asked me out!!"

I smiled, feeling happy for her. I hope he's the right guy. "Oh my God, that's amazing Mel!! What'd you say? Oh who am I kidding you obviously said yes," I smirked at her, which she turned red at.

"He's really sweet Am. There's something different about him than the other guys. I can feel it," she wonders, her eyes glistening as she talks about him. 

Awww. She really likes him. "Gosh Mel that's adorable," I told her and she smiled. 

We chatted for a while longer until she had to go.

I just lay on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. I found myself thinking about the song Shawn was singing.

I hummed the tune softly, and words just came to me.

You made it seem like we connected
I guess I just didn't expect it, yeah

How could you make me believe
That there was something in between you and me, yeah
I look around and I don't see you

I'm interrupted by a hesitant knock on the door. I groaned and shoved a pillow in front of my face. It's too early to deal with him and his moods.

"Ummm, you good?" He asks, trying not to laugh at me. "Just peachy," I huffed, throwing a pillow at him. He scoffs at me, "Rude," feigning hurt.