Chapter 41

I woke up with his arms around me, his curls laying shamelessly, the ends brushing against my cheek.

He was still asleep.

I didn't even bother to try and slip out of his hold, because he grips me so fiercely in his sleep. It's as if he's afraid I'll slip away.

"Hey, love," I shake him awake lightly, "wake up, it's 12," he groans, pulling me closer as he stirs awake.

"Goodmorning," he gives me a sleepy smile while he sinks into the pillow. 

"Get uppp, lazy ass," I joked, nudging him lightly. "Ughhh.. I don't want tooo...shush, let me sleep," he pushed me away, his laughs muffled by the pillow.

"Okay, bye," I smile, getting up. His arm shot out and grab my wrist, pulling until I landed right beside him. 

"You're not going anywhere," he spoke protectively, his raspy, morning voice showing. "Helpp, I'm being held captive," I shout aloud, knowing damn well there was no one on the same floor as us.

"You're adorable," he admits, causing me to smile.  "I'll go make breakfast. What do you want?" 

He shrugged, "Anything. We're staying home today. I'm tired of going out."

"Did you get time to show them your new album?" Shawn shakes his head in negative, "I'm going to tweak a few things tonight, get it perfect, before I show them on Monday. 

Hmm, today is Saturday. My next shoot is Tuesday. We finally had a few days to ourselves.

"Okay now shoo, let me sleep," he jokes and I laugh, leaving the room to make some scrambled eggs.

"Did I ever tell you that you're the best wife in the world?" He kisses my temple, buttering me with compliments.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" I look at him suspiciously. He blinks back with an innocent look. 

"Today just feels like a good day. I don't know why." I shrugged, deeming it unworthy to question him when he's being evasive.

He's definitely doing something. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it like usual.

"What do you wanna do today?" I pick at the food on my plate, suddenly not feeling entirely hungry.

"Whatever you want. I'm going to perfect my songs later tonight so I can share them on Monday," he reminded me.

"You're not hungry?" He gestured to my plate. I shook my head, "I don't know. My body is doing all sorts of things I don't understand. Must be the aftermath of the miscarriage." I fidgetted at the mention.

"Are you sure you're not sick or anything like that?" I shook my head. I feel fine. "No, nothing like that."

He let out a small breath, "Okay, but promise if you think something is up, you'll tell me? You should have told me you were bleeding before. You gotta tell me if you think something is wrong. How am I supposed to help you if you don't?"

I let out a sigh, and nodded. He makes a valid point.

"Do you want to go swimming? It looks warm outside," I suggest, swiftly changing to topic as I grab his plate and head to the sink.

"Actually yeah. I mean, I never use my pool," He shrugged, fiddling with the ends of his shirt.

Why does he look a little nervous?

"Except for that time you fell in the pool," I stifled a laugh and he groaned, "you're never going to let that go, huh?"

I put the plate back on the rack and turned off the faucet, drying my hands on the towel.