Chapter 20

Sorry, was really procrastinating with this one. Got addicted to this book on Wattpad and couldn't put it down 🥰

***

He's being an asshole and barely even talking to me. Right after we had sex, like come on?!

I know he wanted me. I could tell from the way his eyes undressed me when I walked out of the room with that businesslike dress. I could see the lust in his eyes, when they turned so dark they looked almost black. 

And I want him too. He looked ravishing in that suit. 

But he is distancing himself and I should too. I've caught feelings that I need to get rid of. This is a platonic marriage, and it's all it will ever be. It's just lust.

I don't understand why I have to come to this meeting. He could just deal with it himself. I don't even know what to say or do.

He seemed to have read my thoughts because he spoke, "Only speak when spoken to. I brought you because it will provide a strong argument. "

Strong argument? Meaning I'll be eye candy for the men so the business transition goes smoother?

I asked, "Meaning what?" He spares a glance to look up from his phone, "Just sit there and look pretty."

I gulped. I can do this. This is what men want. A trophy woman to use and dispose whenever needed. And I have to comply.

"Come," he says, opening the door for me as we entered this lavish restaurant. Of course, he gets the best of the best.

Shawn led me to a table where two men were seated, both around their mid 30s.  His hand was at the small of my back, which sent shivers through my spine.

"Hey, how are you," Shawn asks politely, shaking hands with the two men. "Let me introduce you to my wife, Amber." I nodded politely with a smile, "Nice to meet you." The younger man brought my hand to his face, pressing a kiss on my knuckles. The other man's gaze was glued to my cleavage.

I feel like throwing up.

They rambled on about some shipment about guitars or something, but I just ate quietly, not interrupting them.

Finally, when conversation diminishes, the businessmen try to converse with me.

"So..Amber, was it?" One asked with a radiant smile on his face that would send any girl running. I nodded with a fake smile. "What do you do for a living?"

I look up from my food, "Oh, I model," I say simply, but Shawn completely ignores me. The men raked me down from head to toe, and one comments, "Yes, clearly with that incredible body."

I shiver slightly. That's disgusting. I look over to Shawn but he doesn't even spare a glance- like that didn't just happen.

"I wouldn't mind if you modelled for me sometime," the man beside me winks, and I could taste the bile coming up. I swallowed it down and was about to reply when Shawn interrupted them, his jaw clenched slightly, "Mr. Leonard, when will the shipment arrive?"

The pervy man turned his gaze away from me and talked to Shawn. A few minutes later, Shawn stood up and I followed. "Thank you, it was nice meeting you," I shook hands with both the men. Shawn greeted them and we left.

I could feel their eyes on my ass while we walked out.

"That was disgusting," I commented as we got in the car. He replies as cold as ever, "This won't be the last one you'll attend." 

Does he not have feelings? At all?

This is a completely different person than the one I met on the balcony, the vulnerable one. I prefer that Shawn more.