Chapter 36

Shawn P.O.V.

I meant every word I said. What’s worse is that I know she meant what she said too.

Something we can’t seem to agree on.

I don’t know why i’m more upset than I should be. It’s just an argument. People don’t agree with every single thing that their wife is saying, and vice versa. But it is certainly unpleasant.

We are very different. In the past, I’ve always tried to overlook that, my irrational thinking always getting in the way. But I can see it clear as day now.

I hadn’t really thought of wanting a child before. My notorious flings kept me busy, and I never wanted more. But there’s just something about her this time..

She didn’t really plan to have kids either. It just sort of happened. Both of our fathers insisted upon it, and bam bam, they always get what they want. 

But we were different in other ways.

She was shy- kind of crazy with her being a model and all. I wasn’t shy when it came to most things; I was the type to tell it how it is.

But recently, I had found that the roles had become quite reversed.

She had become more open with me the more time we spent together. And I’ve been tongue-tied, and trying to tell her exactly what I feel has been difficult. It shouldn’t be, but it somehow is.

She gets me all riled up for no reason. I have no idea why I’m overthinking it. I'm so whipped, it's crazy.

But a lot has changed since I was married to her. My tastes and preferences changed.

I didn’t really used to prefer my women on the curvy side, and I had had my fair share of skinny models. I needed something different.

I can’t believe what I was missing out on. At first, I was kind of unsure about the idea of it. But she grew on me, and all it took was one night with my face buried in between her thick thighs to change my mind.

But it was more than that with her. Her personality was so unique- like her. One moment she was shy and hesitant, the next she was bold and telling me off. I like both sides of her. All sides of her.

Fuck. I’m going to need a cold shower after this.

I don’t know why she’s honestly mad at me. She’s always wanted me to be honest with her, and for Christ’s sake, I shared my diary with her. What more could this woman want from me?

Deep down, I know that I would eventually do what she asked me to. No matter how stubborn as hell I was, something about her makes me weak in the knees. And all other places- especially my brain. 

It seems to insist on not acting logical around her. Like at all. 

I’ve been thinking too much. And I’m too damn horny to be sorting all these papers at 10:58 at night. Fuck it. I'll deal with this tomorrow.

After I took a cold shower, I was too lazy to put on a shirt so I entered the room wearing only a pair of briefs. Amber was wide awake, and she was giving me that look. She was eye-fucking me. I know that look because I do it all the time to her.

Glad to know I haven’t lost my touch.

“I’m sorry,” I gave her a weak smile, and she scoffed, looking away; she knew very well what I was trying to do. I was trying to make her give into her temptations. She muttered, “You Canadians, always with your damn apologies.”

She turned her back to me while I slipped into our bed. 

“Oh come on love, you know I mean it,” I pleaded, keeping a light tone as I wasn’t ready for a deep conversation yet. I inched closer to her curvy figure. “Go away,” she spoke childishly, causing me to smile.