Chapter 1: Puddlesplash

I slowly stalked towards the busy mouse. The little fat grey plump was busy eating away at some seeds it had found most likely from foraging.

This will be an easy catch! I thought. The wind was blowing towards me and the area was scarce of leaves. I took a few much quieter steps towards the grey mouse. You could barely hear my paws as I placed each one very carefully. I stopped as now I was in leaping distance. I scrunched up my brown paws underneath me and leaped at the mouse. It didn't even have time to squeak as I bite down on its neck swiftly. I think I have caught enough, should go find Slatefoot, Rushfire, and Kindpetal. In total, I had caught three mice and a vole. Enough to feed the kits and Rainstripe. "It's Green-Leaf, I shouldn't worry to much about catching enough" But you do! Said my own internally mocking voice. I followed the path I had taken to all my other kills, knowing I am gonna need help carrying the prey I caught. As I reached where I slightly buried my second mouse I heard a bit of some clumsy foot work rushing through some bushes. I giggled with mouse in my mouth and place it next to my second mouse. I watched as my mate Rushfire came crashing through with nothing.

"Oh! Hey there!" He said cheerfully. He shook his red and ginger pelt of the leaves he had collected. I rolled my eyes and purred.

"Cats in Riverclan could hear you" I mew playfully. He stretched his long legs and glared at me jokingly. Other than his long legs, Rushfire looked like a Thunderclan cat. He had a strong build and a tenacity to get in over his head. "Did you catch anything?"

"Oh I did!" He lied, "but a fox took it"

"Uh uh" I gave him a smug look.

"Yes" he came over and licked my forehead with a purr. "It was a big eagle! Big enough to have fed the entire clan"

"Oh Starclan, and a fox carried it away" I played along. Rushfire pawed my side with an annoyed glance before looking down at the two I had collected.

"Ah, but the greatest hunter always out hunts me"

"Yeah, I have another mouse and vole to collect too"

"I'll help you" he gave me another lick before picking up my second mouse. He smiled and followed me back towards my mouse and vole. After picking up my last two catches, we headed back to our meet up place to hopefully find Kindpetal and Slatefoot. As we reached the training clearing, I spotted the silver blue pelt of my former apprentice Slatefoot sitting there alone. He had a silky coat like a Riverclan cat but was thin like a Windclan cat. An oddity like me. Slatefoot spotted me and Rushfire and flicked his ears happily.

"Hey guys! Look what I caught!" Even though he is a warrior, he still tries to make us proud of him. In front of him was a brown and white fluffy rabbit. One of incredible size.

"Wow! Great catch Slatefoot" I said as I placed my catch down. Rushfire did the same.

"It ran right into my claws, I am just lucky it didn't notice me"

"Well it's a good catch, you might wanna show it off to Neville if you want"

"Dad might try to eat it" Slatefoot kinda joked. I laughed a little and looked around.

"Is Kindpetal still hunting?"

"No, she left for camp a little while ago before you showed up" Slatefoot answered. "She said she was gonna take the shrew she caught to Coldheart the grump"

"Ah, and she beat me to it! I really wanted to hear Coldhearts snarky remarks today" Rushfire said in a sarcastic whiny voice. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Coldheart is fine once you get to know him"

"Easy for you to say" Rushfire tried to paw my ear but I had ducked out of the way with a gleeful smirk. My mates green eyes sparked with mischief as I laughed.