Chapter 18: Sagelight

I heaved myself back into my paws that felt so sore I wanted to collapse again. It has been like this for a moon. Just feeling lopsided and uncomfortable. I get tired so quickly and just really upset. What is wrong with me? Mmm... maybe it's a stomach issue? I have been holding off visiting Moonwater and Coldheart the least I could do is go now. I started walking towards the medicine cat den and felt the same irritable heaviness again. Ugh! I got to the medicine cat den and pushed through the short tendrils. As my eyes adjusted to the light I called out. "Moonwater?"

"Yeah?! Oh hi Sagelight!" She said cheerfully. Once my eyes adjusted I saw the dark grey tabby looking at me with curiosity. "Is something wrong?"

"Yeah, I haven't felt like myself" I complained, coming into the den and sitting down.

"Describe how you feel" Moonwater said as she put some herbs away.

"I feel tried all the time and my paws get really sore really fast. I just feel bloated" Moonwater perked up a little and turned around.

"Oh? How long has this been going on for?"

"Maybe a moon, thought it was just something I ate originally, but I guess it isn't entirely that"

"Mmm" Moonwater came up and lifted her paw slightly to my belly. "May I?"

"Su-sure?" I said, a little confused. She placed her paw on my belly with some pressure. She looked like she was feeling for something. She lifted her head up quickly and looked up at me smiling.

"Oh Sagelight! Congrats!"

"On what?"

"Sagelight, your pregnant" She said giving me the biggest smile. I went wide eyed and my mouth opened a little.

"I'm-I'm pregnant?" I stuttered.

"Yep! And I am guessing your a moon along from what you told me!"

"I-I am pregnant?!" I screeched even louder.

"Oh Starclan, that was loud" Moonwater shook her head.

"I-I gotta tell Foxhop! He'll be so happy! Flying Fox dung I am pregnant!" I pulled Moonwater into a heavy cuddle. She laughed and smiled.

"Smokefoot will be so happy, his first kit having kits of her own" she said into my mane. I let her go and put on a big smile.

"Ye-yeah... I wish Swallowtail could be here"

"But hey! Your pregnant! Want to wait here and I'll bring Foxhop and your family so you can give them the good news?"

"Yes! Oh thank you Moonwater!"

"For what?"

"I thought I was sick and dying" I joked a little and she shook her head at me jovially

"Hehe, okay wait here and I'll get everyone" she left the den and I looked down at my belly. I put a paw up to it and smiled softly.

I'm gonna have my own kits, with the tom that I love in the clan I call home. I really can't believe it!

"Sagelight?" Foxhop's voice echoed in my ears and I quickly put my paw down before his eyes adjusted. Moonwater led my mate, Smokefoot, and Springpaw into the medicine cat den. Moonwater sat next to me and kept a straight face while I struggled to.

"What is wrong?" Smokefoot asked with worry in his tone.

"It's nothing bad, it's great news actually!" Moonwater smiled.

"Huh?" Springpaw with quizzing green eyes.

"Sagelight?" Moonwater looked at me with a big smile.

"I'm pregnant!" I said so loudly Moonwater shook her head again. At first it was utter silence, the shock of the news. Then Foxhop came over and softly butted heads with me.

"I am-am gonna be a dad?" He choked up. I purred loudly and smiled even bigger.

"I know it is sudden but-"

"I'm gonna be a dad!" He said even louder. Smokefoot came over and wrapped my tail around me as he purred.

"Swallowtail would be so proud right now" he said, choking up himself.

"Maybe I'll get to mentor one!" My sister said, placing a paw on my stomach. "You hear that! I'll be great to play with so grow up fast!" We all laughed and cuddled together. Moonwater left the medicine cat den to give us some privacy even though she really didn't have to.

"Oh! I have to tell Puddlesplash and Sparrowscar!" Foxhop squealed before running off to find his brother. We laughed again and my dad purred a little.

"You two will make great parents"

"I hope so" I laughed nervously.

"Hey! What names will you pick?" Springpaw asked.

"Umm"

"Springpaw really?" Smokefoot sighed sweetly.

"You picked out my name before I was born, at least that was what Sagelight said"

"That was because we thought we were going to have one kit our second time, and ended up with two"

"How many do you want?" Springpaw asked me. She was so sad about Snappaw that was nice to see her smile.

"I want two, three or four would be a lot to handle" I said nervously. "But I don't care as long as they are healthy"

"Sagelight!" Puddlesplash came bounding in with Foxhop behind him. "What's wrong?! Do you need Moonwater? I just saw her by the prey pile!" Puddlesplash panted. I looked at Foxhop with a look of confusion. He shrugged lightly and smiled even bigger.

"I am gonna be dad!" Foxhop said with a happy smile. Puddlesplash was still panting but smiled still.

"I-I hate-pant-running-huff"

"Sparrowscar?" Smokefoot asked.

"Out on-huff- out on patrol" Puddlesplash placed his tail on his brothers shoulders. "Dude, you made it seem like she was dying"

"Foxhop..." I glared at him.

"I told him he needed to come quickly, it's really important and Sagelight needed him"

"Oh Starclan..." Smokefoot sighed heavily. Springpaw giggled as I gave my mate a shock of horror.

"Oh... sorry..." Foxhop gave Puddlesplash an apologetic glance. The silver and brown tom rolled his eyes and gave me a big grin.

"Really congrats you two" he pulled his brother in in a surprise hug before shaking his head. "Just when she goes into labor don't make act all sorts of panicked and crazed alright?"

"He will be" Smokefoot gave my ginger mate a knowing look.