Chapter 67: Puddlesplash

I would normally be burning with embarrassment as all these cats stared at us but I was more focused on Mapleclaw. Her face was contorted into a fit of fury, shock, and fear. I wish we did this more discretely.

"Hi Mapleclaw!" Applestar called up to her with a sarcastically cheerful mew. His gaze was mixture of emotions.

"Applestar?" Whitestar sounded confused.

"Maplestar said you died!" Birchleaf called out.

Where is Snailstar? Or is Birchleaf now Birchstar?

"Yeah, I did lose a lot of lives! Lost my leg and eye too! But I am still kicking! Mapleclaw did try her best!" At that comment everyone flew into accusations and questions at Mapleclaw.

"What does he mean you tried your best?"

"Did you know he was still alive?!"

"You tried killing him! Didn't you!?"

"Explain yourself Mapleclaw!?" Briarstar screamed loudly over every cat. I don't know why but the way the Riverclan leaders reaction seemed fake. Mapleclaw was frozen though, her eyes on us three. "Mapleclaw!" She shook her head and composed herself.

"This can't be Applestar? I have my nine-"

"No you don't! I can see it!" Moonwater called out the lie. "That's why you killed Coldheart and threatened my life! We could see it!"

"You killed Coldheart!?" Ravenclaw yowled.

"I did no such thing" Mapleclaw stated coldly. "Moonwater is just bitter over Plumpaw!"

"This is Applestar! It is the same tabby pelt and amber colored eyes- I mean eye!" Smokefoot stood next to his younger brother.

"Come on now Mapleclaw! Stop embarrassing yourself!" Applestar called up. I couldn't watch her anymore. It hurt to watch the look of pain and anger fill her hazel eyes. I looked down at my paws and pinned my ear back at the yowling, angry cats.

"Where were you Applestar?" Tinystar asked.

"I was found by twolegs and taken to a place very far away. A twoleg place filled with stone dens and an even worse smell than rotten fresh kill. I didn't know where I was so I couldn't find my way home" I could see his paws shift from the corner of my vision, "Puddlesplash here was given the quest and guidance to find me by Starclan!" I could feel more eyes on me and I just didn't want to be here. "I am here, with my new deputy Puddlesplash, to take back my leadership of Thunderclan! Mapleclaw here is a murderer and has no claim for leader!"

I just want this to be over... please... this hurts too much.

"Mapleclaw did you know?" Birchleaf or Birchstar growled. She didn't answer.

"I truly believe you were dead-" Mapleclaw was caught off by Applestar.

"That's cause you had a cat slash my throat open and left me to get swallowed up by the landslide. You wanted me dead for leadership!"

"Don't forget all that other cats she has killed! Starclan is full of your victims Mapleclaw!" Rushfire hissed loudly.

I don't want to be here... I don't want to see this...

"What? Who else has she killed?!"

"And she killed Pineclaw and Petalclaw!" Rushfire answered.

"You killed Foxhop didn't you?! I knew it!" Sagelight yowled in riotous fury.

"Mapleclaw just leave..." Applestar advised. I looked up at her with begging eyes.

Please... please just leave before they demand your head Mapleclaw...

She seemed to understand her circumstances and jumped down. She began to swiftly move towards the the tree bridge. She passed me and I couldn't help but speak up. As I hung my head.

"I'm sorry Mapleclaw," I whispered, "I am so sorry but you killed cats...". Out of the corner of my eye I saw her whip around in a seething rage and bared her teeth.

"I don't need your pity traitor!"

"Maple-" she leaped at me, her claws outreached I barely reacted, knowing I wouldn't be able to defend myself in time as I tried to turn. Other cats reacting to intercept her but no cat would make it before her claws would dig into me.

I'm gonna die! I am gonna die! A cat of reddish brown fur collided with me and shoved me out of the way, getting the full brunt of Mapleclaws attack. Blood sprayed itself all over my body as I  hit and stayed on the ground in shock. Cats of every clan attacked Mapleclaw as she shredded the familiar pelt. "Sparrowscar!" I yowled in agony as I leaped to my paws. Mapleclaw fell to the ground fighting hissing and clawing at every cat tearing her apart. Sparrowscars already still body flooded the area with a pool of crimson. I could feel blood from Mapleclaw splatter and mix in with my fur and Sparrowscars blood as she tried to fight off her attackers. I am overwhelming sense of anguish and fear. Uncontrollably I crouched to the ground and conceded my ears with my paws, pressing myself into Sparrowscars fur trying to calm down from the yowls of pain and anger from both the clan cats fighting and Mapleclaw. I shivered as I pressed myself harder into Sparrowscars fur. His blood pooling and drenching my belly and back paws.

Stop! Stop! Please! I don't want this! Stop! Stop! Stop! I kept repeating in my head. Maybe my mind just kept repeating the noises over and over again, but the fighting cats stopped as Mapleclaws body fell to the ground limp. I felt I could still hear the fighting though and just kept having my anxiety attack. I could smell Rushfire come over and crouch next to me.

"Puddlesplash your fine. Everything is fine, Mapleclaw is dead"

"No... no... stop..." I muttered. I repeated saying no and stop in a hush tone.

"Is he alright?" I heard Mudstripe ask.

"I don't know" Rushfire answered.

"No... just stop... please..."

"Give him some space everyone" I heard Applestar mumble as I could hear cats gather around me. Applestars scent got strong as I a cat place a paw on my shoulders. "Rushfire, when Puddlesplash calms down can you help him get back to camp. He is having a panic attack I think"

"Of course Applestar"

"And try and move him away from the blood, it would help"

"I'll try and clean him up too" Rushfire added. I didn't really care what they were talking about, I just wanted the fighting in my head to stop.