Bumpy Roads

"I never meant for this to happen. I did love you once...." Namjoon read the note that was left with the nurse at the hospital. "Please forget about me... we won't cross paths again, I won't hurt you again."  Four weeks ago his ex showed up at the home that he had purchased two years prior in hopes of them getting married and starting a family one day. Sana was a nice girl, he'd known her since they were in middle school. They were high school sweethearts who met up in college and started dating again. He had proposed after three years and she had said yes.

One morning Namjoon woke up to find a note telling him that she just wasn't sure this was the life she wanted. She told him that she needed more, wanted more from life. At that time Namjoon found himself keeping more busy with work, and helping the old woman next door with things around her house.

But when Sana returned Namjoon was suddenly in better spirits. Shockingly enough though when she showed up she had a surprise for him- her stomach was swollen and he questioned if the child growing within could really be his. Namjoon decided to wait till the baby was born to get a DNA test, of course Sana was appalled that he thought she'd do something like that. She kept apologizing for leaving him, and he was the type of guy to welcome her back with open arms.

Now here he was with another note that meant Sana's goodbye, he felt so many things at once- Anger, sadness, frustration, worry.. what would happen to the child. The child that he had seen birthed into the world the day before.

"You're daughter is ready to be discharged Mr. Kim." The nurse interrupted him.

"What?" He asked, slightly confused. "Sana didn't take her?" He asked the woman. She shook her head and motioned for him to follow her to the nursery. Namjoon stood at the window, his eyes automatically locking onto his daughter. The nurse walked over to her and picked her up carefully. She brought her out to him and he smiled immediately.

"I know this might be hard for you, but.. you'll need to decide. We can get someone from Child services out here if you want to go for adoption.." The Nurse offered up some advice. Namjoon wasn't thrilled about the advice though. He glared at the women.

"The DNA results showed I'm her biological father, but even if I wasn't- there's no way I'd be able to put her up for adoption. Her mother might have chosen to abandon her but I won't." He said sternly and the nurse nodded.

"You'll have to fill out the form for her birth certificate. Do you have a name in mind for her?" The nurse asked him.

"Um, yeah. Hayan. Kim Hayan." Namjoon replied. The woman nodded and escorted Namjoon back to fill out the forms needed to release his daughter from the hospital.

It was nearly dusk by the time he got his daughter home. He was lucky he had bought the car-seat a week ago when Sana had been having what they thought were labor pains. But now there was no Sana, no one but him and Hayan. He kept her in the car seat as he wandered around looking for where to keep the pre-made Bottles and the baby diapers and wipes that the nurse had been kind enough to give him. He wasn't prepared, Not even a little and he knew it.

Two hours passed and Namjoon was now faced with his first challenge- How to stop a baby from crying. Little Hayan had quite the set of lungs already as she cried out and wiggled in her car seat. Her tiny arms and legs moving frantically. Namjoon was overwhelmed, he tried to hold her, he tried feeding her and he even changed her diaper but she just wouldn't stop crying. He grabbed the bottle he had already opened and he cradled Hayan close to him as he headed out of the house and walked next door.

He knocked on his neighbors door and waited as he bounced his daughter lightly in his arms. Mrs. Heart opened her door and once she saw Namjoon she opened it and smiled, then she noticed the little crying baby in his arms.