Surprise!

(Y/N's POV)

"Nana?" I called as soon as I unlocked the front door and stepped into my grandmother's home. The entrance way decorated in plants with a few pictures of my mom and my uncles on the walls when they were younger. A few pictures of a dog my mom had growing up as well. I could hear the water running from the back right side of the house, I entered the living room and was slightly taken back with the car seat that sat on the floor – of course more alarming was the baby sitting inside of it who had finally taken notice to me.

"Uh... Nan?!" I called to her.

"Just a minute dear!" She yelled back, shortly after turning off the water.

"Oh you're here, good I wanted to get going fairly early." She said as she came down the hall through the kitchen and entered the living room, a baby bottle in her hand caught my attention.

"Nan, why is there a random baby in your house?" I asked her as I cocked my eyebrow up at her. She smiled brightly and approached the baby, lifting the little one carefully from it's seat.

"Isn't she just the sweetest little thing? You know you were small like this once." She cooed at the baby as she cradled the little one and began to give it the bottle.

"She is very cute Nan but being cute doesn't randomly teleport you into someone's home. Whom does she belong to... and if you tell me you adopted her I swear I'm checking you into the nearest home." I teased and Nan glared up at me for a minute. She sat down with the baby still nestled in her arms.

"Her name is Hayan and she's my neighbor's daughter. Just born the day before yesterday apparently." Nan finally answered my question, well partly.

"Okay, so your neighbor just leaves their baby with you at random. I mean two days after being born? She should be with her mother at least." I said with a sigh and a slight look of disgust on my face.

"I'm afraid it's complicated and not my story to tell. All I can say is that her father has been very kind to me and since he's raising her on his own I offered some help." She replied. I gave her a confused look before deciding it really wasn't my business to butt in.

"Well, I assume we're taking the little cutie with us?" I asked.

"Of course we are, you know you can't leave babies alone." Nana grinned.

"Oh haha... Thanks for your jokes Nan. Not what I meant." I replied and she just smiled at me.

"Take her and put her in her seat then take her to your car and buckle her in okay? I'll be right out I'm just going to go put on my good walking shoes and grab my purse." Nan said as she handed the baby to me. "Oh you might want to burp her first." She explained.

"Nan, you know I do know how to take care of babies right?" I asked retorically. She chuckled and nodded.

"I was testing you." She replied. Yeah right, testing my patience maybe. I held the adorable girl in my arms and put her over my shoulder to burp her, making sure I put the towel Nan had handed me over my shoulder first. I patted the babies back and she let out a nice burp, then another.

"Well, you're welcome little miss. I'm sorry for my Nana by the way. But let's get you into your car seat so we can go shopping." I said to the little thing as if she could understand me. As I was buckling her into her seat I noticed she was looking at me, staring at me. She had this cute half smile and a dimple on her left cheek was right there making her look twenty times more adorable. I felt my heart melt... well shit, this kid had me wrapped already. No, no no. I'm not a weak woman. I won't be tempted by cuteness.
I pulled up the handle of the car seat and lifted her up.

"Is this all she has for a blanket?" I asked. "Where's her diaper bag?!" I called to Nan who had left the room.

"She doesn't have one! Why do you think we're going shopping?!" She called from another room at the back of the house. I don't know if I was disgusted or confused, it felt the same to me.

"How... why? You know what, don't tell me. It might just make me angry." I said as I carried the baby to the front door. I took her outside and set her in the back seat of my SUV behind the drivers seat, facing the back. I buckled her in properly and stayed by her side, looking at her. She really was super cute.

"I can't believe you have no blankie little one. Do you want a nice soft blankie? Hm?" I cooed at her. I knew she couldn't answer but that half smile that made that dimple show just melted me. "Oh you are entirely too cute." I said to her.

"I'll sit in the back with her." Nan said as she came out and locked her front door. She got in and gave a wave to the baby. I shut the car door and got into the drivers side.

"So where we headed?" I asked her as I put the key in the ignition.

"I'm thinking the only Babies R Us still standing around here might be a good start." She answered. I nodded in agreement and started my car. Conversation was light on the way, as Nan was mostly cooing at the baby who ended up dosing off just before arriving at the store.

•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•♥•

"Grab two of those, no the next one over- The swaddlers in newborn size. They're a little big on her but she'll grow fast." Nan said as I reached to get the box on second shelf from the top.

"And the baby wipes right there, get the sensitive ones... no perfume. Always best to be prepared in case this sweet girl has an allergy to something in there." She added as I put the boxes in the cart. I grabbed the big box of wipes as well and continued to follow along. We picked up a diaper genie a bottle warmer, some baby bottles and some formula. We also picked out a few more needs, I decided to chip in since this little girl had no diaper bag and no portable bassinet that Nan could keep at her house since she told me she'd be watching this little one while her father worked.

"I hope eventually he pays you a babysitting salary." I said with a chuckle.

"Namjoon is a good young man, bad situation. I know he can't pay me and honestly I don't need nor want the money." She answered. "Besides, I live alone and having this adorable one over on week days will at least give me something to do." She added with a grin. I laughed a bit, I knew she was bored. She'd been living along for years, having this baby around was certainly going to keep her busy. I couldn't be over every day so it was nice to know maybe she'd have some sort of joy.

"Well I'm sure she'll keep you more than busy. She's such a little talker already" I cooed at the small child as she started to move and wiggle a bit. I laughed at how cute she looked.

When we got back to Nan's I unloaded the bags from the back of my SUV and took them into Nan's house as she carried little baby Hayan to her front door to unlock it. I set the bags down once I was inside and I checked the time.

"Ah, almost 4pm. I have to head back and make some lemon bars. Want me to bring you some in the morning?" I asked her.

"Of course. You know those are my favorites." Nan commented. I waved goodbye soon after and gave little Hayan a mini high five that really was just me lightly patting her hand with mine- of course this ended in Hayan grabbing my index finger with her little hands and holding on like her life depended on it.

"Alright strong girl. It was nice to meet you Hayan. I hope to see you again." I said as I gently squished her little cheeks. She really was too cute and I was really wrapped. I left the house after saying goodbye to Nan. I had a long evening of baking ahead of me.