Something Wonderful

Over the next two months we had a lot to do. It was decided we both didn't want some crazy huge wedding, just a nice simple one with those who cared about. Pleasing both mothers was a challenge but we decided on compromise. Mrs. Kim really wanted us to get married at the church she had all her son's baptized in. Joon and I decided to do just that as long as we could have the reception in our back yard. It was more intimate and we didn't want to spend money on a venue for only a select amount of people.

Catering was fairly simple, Jin was the expert on that and used some favors to get us a good deal on a pretty nice place who would provide what we needed.

Jimin and Tae offered to handle the music, and while I was slightly worried at first- Tae showed me an example of the playlist he was choosing. I never would have thought he was into some of the more mellow classical sounds but surprisingly he was, he also added in a few fun 90's songs to give Joon and I little throwback. He promised the full playlist would be great, and that Jimin and Jungkook had a little surprise for us. I wondered what it could be but decided I really wanted to be surprised, no matter how nervous the idea made me.

Joon was troubled with choosing a best man, apparently he did want to choose one of his brothers but the idea of choosing between them was just too difficult for him. So he called someone I'd heard him mention a number of times but had never actually met. That was, till a week before the big day.

"You must be the elusive Yoongi." I smiled and shook the hand he had stretched out for me. He gave a slight grin and shook my hand.

"And you must be the woman who's stolen the heart of the Jolly giant here." He responded.

"Hey, she didn't steal it. I more than willingly gave it away." Joon corrected with a grin and a kiss to my temple.

"Right. You, the giver of hearts far too easily." Yoongi gave him a look and then looked at me. It was hard to read him at first. I wasn't sure if that was a jab or what.

"Y/N, it's nice to meet you. I've been busy so it's been difficult to get time to come out this way. Hoseok tells me he's been invited as well to your event." He spoke as he placed the napkin on his lap. A few waiters showed up with wine and food, already. I looked surprised as they started dishing out plates and things.

"Hope you don't mind. I've ordered everything, it's on me anyway." Yoongi looked from me to Joon.

"Of course we don't mind." Joon saw my confusion and smiled. "Yoongi's a producer. I've told you that, but he's quite the busy man. His time is often swallowed up by people in the big leagues, so every moment counts to him. He had checked ahead of time to make sure we wouldn't find it rude." Joon explained.

"Oh, no. Of course this is fine." I said, looking at the man with platinum blond hair, a black turtleneck and gray slacks. We ate, Yoongi asked about my bakery and how things were going with Joon's parents. Yoongi told Joon about a new passion project he was working on but he was missing something. He thought it might be lyrics so he asked Joon if he could take a look at the song he'd been working on and see what he thought from the stand point of a writer.

I liked watching both men talk, I got to hear more stories of Joon as a young boy and the trouble he caused. I leaned more about Yoongi too, being from a rough area and Joon being the one to help him through a lot. How Joon would buy him things to help him get by. I liked hearing about their friendship, it really showed as the two men shared simple looks of admiration toward one another.

"I'm glad and appreciative that you're able to take the time to come to the wedding." I told Yoongi. He smiled more genuinely and tilted his head to the side a bit.