Choices

Weeks passed and Namjoon was back to writing his next book. He kept his editing job but worked it out so he could work at home 3 days a week, not including weekends. When we weren't working and spending time with Hayanie we were looking at houses.
I even took some time while at work to do some research and look at possible options. However we found it took a lot of time to sort through which homes might be good for us and within price range. Namjoon decided a Realtor might be the way we needed to go. So he made the call earlier in the week and explained what we were looking for. Now we just had to wait for a reply so we can set up some homes to go look at.
Jin and Tae had come by a bit more to watch Hayanie so Nan could have some time to herself. She was actually spending more time with my mother and oddly enough she'd recruited her into her book club. It was nice seeing my mother and Nan actually getting along. I could tell it meant a lot to Nan, of course on the other side- Namjoon's mother was insistent on calling him nearly every day. I told him about her coming to the bakery, I had told him what I said to her and he called her immediately and laid into her about her behavior. After that he'd refused to speak to her again, that was until the random call from his father. Which brings us to now, Sunday- A lovely day of rest for many, but here I am nervously watching Joon pace the small living room while I play a game of build and knock over the blocks with little Hayanie on the living room floor.

"I understand that. Yes.... No.... I get that but she.... No.... Yes.." He was responding to whatever his father was saying. I didn't mind his father too much, other than his ability to intimidate and his choosing to stay out of the discourse between Namjoon and his mother.
"He's always been your favorite too. You're not innocent in this either Dad..." Joon was trying to be calm and collected, but his pacing and how his fist was balled up so tightly his knuckles were turning white spoke for him about the tension he was feeling.
I waited patiently for him to end the call, once he had I got up and wrapped my arms around his waist and embraced him from behind. He certainly needed the hug after that. Joon's jaw was clenched, he was aggravated but he signed when I hooked my hands together around him. He rested his hand over mine and leaned back against me a bit.

"Thank you baby..." He muttered.

"You're a great father and an amazing man, no one can take that from you- no matter how harsh their words are." I tried to comfort him. He chuckled and pulled away, looking down at me with a small smile.

"He wasn't tearing me down- My mother is being her usual stubborn self, She begged my father to talk to me.. I guess she thought he'd talk me into coming to some family dinner. Jin and his girlfriend are going, I guess they want to announce their engagement officially." Joon said. I nodded and kept my eyes on him.

"Did Jin invite you to this dinner?" I asked him.

"No, but then... Jin knows I don't want to be anywhere near my parents." He replied. I nodded and he scooped me up in his arms.

"We'll celebrate with him and Laura some other time. I'm sure he'll want another dinner with us and Tae." He smiled and gently kissed my lips. I giggled and he set me down again.

"I'm going to get Hayanie cleaned up before Tae gets here." I said to Joon as I walked over and picked up Hayan. She giggled as I gently bounced her as I walked down the hall.

"Are Tae and Jimin taking her to the park? He wasn't clear when I talk to him yesterday." Joon asked as I was heading into Hayanie's room.

"Nope! He and Jimin are taking Hayanie to the Aquarium! She was mesmerized by the fish at the pet store.. Tae also said he claims the right to get her a dog if we can find a new house!" I called to him from Hayan's room as I got her changed and dressed in a cute dusty rose romper.
Once she was ready I joined Namjoon in the living room again. He was cleaning up while on the phone again.