Not So Alone

I thought the first week would be difficult, but it wasn't too bad. Maybe because Joon was able to call every night, maybe it was because Jin had visited twice this week to be sure we were okay and we didn't need anything. Maybe it was Nan's bond with Hayanie that made it go by without much trouble. Really it was just the first night that she put up a fuss. I let her fall asleep with me, and we've continued that. Once she falls asleep I put her back into her room, into her crib and I hum to her. She stays asleep for the rest of the night after that.

Hayanie was getting use to being at the bakery as well. She liked that she could get a cookie in the after noon after I made her lunch and watched her eat. She also liked the attention she was getting from customers who'd come in, especially the older couples who would just praise her endlessly.

"Man... If only I was a cute kid again..." Jace mused as he watched Hayan getting attention from a young married couple.

"Were you ever a cute kid?" Mia teased with a smile. Jace turned and glared at her playfully.

"Jokes aside... It would be nice if we could all live a life like Hayanie. Sadly we're grown adults and we have work to do. Stop slacking just because the little princess is here." I shook my head at the two of them, I didn't mind their squabbling, it was cute in its own way.

Once we got back to Joon's house I was slightly taken back by the super expensive looking gold colored sports car in the driveway. I got Hayanie out of her car seat, grabbed her bag and mine and headed up to the front door. I used my key but it wasn't locked, which made sense since there was a strange car parked outside. As soon as I entered with Hayanie in my arms I smelled something delicious cooking. I set Hayanie down and she wobbled over to her mat with her building blocks and sat down. I set her bag and mine down and walked into the kitchen, I could see the back of the familiar person.

"Breaking and entering just to cook?" I asked and Jin screamed and jumped. He turned, clutching his shirt and breathing heavily as he looked at me with surprised wide eyes.

"Geez.. you scared me!" He raised his voice. "I wasn't expecting you to be home this soon. Next time make it known when you come in the door, sheesh." I giggled at him as I walked to the counter and looked at what he was making.

"I'm sorry but I should have guessed the overpriced hunk of metal in the driveway was yours." I teased. He chuckled.

"That hunk of metal was well worth it." He insisted. "I need to look the part after all. I can't just be this handsome.... Well okay I could but what fun is that?" He grinned. I laughed, one thing I'd learned about Jin was that while his ego seemed larger than the sun he wasn't that serious about himself. He was just confident and had a good sense of humor.

"It's still not needed, but I'm not the one with the money to burn." I said as I looked at the pot of pasta that was cooking. In another pot next to it was some creamy off-white looking sauce.

"Try a bit." Jin encouraged. I took the spoon he handed me and tried a little bit.

"Creamy, mushrooms... chives.... Is that a hint of orange zest?" I asked he smiled and nodded.

"It's my special sauce for orange chicken pasta. The pasta is veggie pasta, hence it's color of green, Orange always looks good with green. So orange chicken is the best choice. The sauce isn't too thick for this because the orange chicken will sit on top of it rather than mixing it in. I hate when some places mix certain dishes up. It takes away some of the flavor." Jin smiled as he spoke. Cooking was definitely his passion.

Once dinner was done and we'd talked about what made him come over randomly- turned out he was mostly bored but Joon also wasn't answering his phone and Jin thought maybe I'd talked to him.